Author Topic: Cost of Creating an Asset?  (Read 5203 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Presently charging a mere 159,488.1792 btsx, at time of writing. Heck of an anti-spam obstacle... Please reduce somewhat, before early-adopters are unduly punished as usual..

The registration fees is actually a market in it self .. it is reduced gradually over time until someone feels comfortable creating an asset again .. then the fee increases again.
btw, assets are intended to be expensive .. if you as a person/startup need an asset to be traded you should wait for BitShares ME .. that would probably fit much better anyways

Offline Methodise

I implore you to significantly reduce the asset registration fee.

BitSharesX is surely the pinnacle of free market wet dreams. Let the shit-funds pay their $50 registration fees, in today's coin. That all goes to the shareholders.

Presently charging a mere 159,488.1792 btsx, at time of writing. Heck of an anti-spam obstacle... Please reduce somewhat, before early-adopters are unduly punished as usual..

BTS: methodise

Offline bitsapphire

Aren't you making a clone of BTSX? You can make it whatever price you want...

Correct. However our main issue was with the current BTSX asset registration fee. We are aware that for Bitshares Music we can change parameters, but for our voucher system we would have liked to use BTSX.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I went to check this out and it seems that the cost of creating an asset is currently about $5000

How can this be?

Fees for creating a new asset: 196,589.0304 BTSX

BTS X is not designed for every user under the sun to issue assets, but instead is trying to focus on larger high-value assets.  BitShares ME will be for everyone else.

+5% I like this strategy vs. having 10001 $30 user issued assets on the main BTSX blockchain.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
At the end of the day, assets that want to trade against BitUSD will pay more to be listed here... assets that don't need that kind of trading can get listed elsewhere cheaper.

Bitshares Music will most likely depend on user issued assets. We would not be surprised if BitUSD is still needed in that DAC. Issuing artist coins should not be incredibly expensive. Listing such vouchers would be the same concept.

By creating such a great barrier to entry only big companies can create their assets on BTSX. Startups or companies from the emerging economies won't have the cash to do so. However, it is these startups which are most inclined to break the status quo and get listed on BTSX. Statistically speaking some of these startups will become big, and won't have the need to switch DACs/platforms again later once they are big. This adds in the long term probably the most value to the platform as these companies will deal in bitUSD natively too.

Are there any solutions to that atm? Or have we misinterpreted something?

Aren't you making a clone of BTSX? You can make it whatever price you want...
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
At the end of the day, assets that want to trade against BitUSD will pay more to be listed here... assets that don't need that kind of trading can get listed elsewhere cheaper.

If I created  an asset as shares on a special project at BTS , and people bought it .How can I give them dividend ?

Share buy back.

Well.....What if I sold 100 share for 10000 USD for the project...
And my project earned first batch of profit,I need to give 10% dividend to whomever bought my share.
Now, if I have to buy back the shares to give dividend ,then I have to offer 11000 USD to buy back the share,which means it's a one time deal ......and the funding of my project is gone . I'm not able to continue the project with the funding .

you only buy back as much as your dividend is, not the entire lot
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline bytemaster

If I created  an asset as shares on a special project at BTS , and people bought it .How can I give them dividend ?

Share buy back.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitsapphire

Bitshares Music will most likely depend on user issued assets. We would not be surprised if BitUSD is still needed in that DAC. Issuing artist coins should not be incredibly expensive. Listing such vouchers would be the same concept.

By creating such a great barrier to entry only big companies can create their assets on BTSX. Startups or companies from the emerging economies won't have the cash to do so. However, it is these startups which are most inclined to break the status quo and get listed on BTSX. Statistically speaking some of these startups will become big, and won't have the need to switch DACs/platforms again later once they are big. This adds in the long term probably the most value to the platform as these companies will deal in bitUSD natively too.

Are there any solutions to that atm? Or have we misinterpreted something?
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
speaking of which.  you can do this in ripple as well at no cost.  here are two of examples:

http://ripplexmm.blogspot.com/p/about.html

https://ripplefox.com/fund/fmm

Offline mczarnek

• View Profile
You are also welcome to head over to Nxt and try them out.  The cost to issue an asset there is about $30.

Offline bitsapphire

When ever someone wants to fork the code and launch it.

We are actually very interested to do this. We had hopped we could soon sell special Bitsapphire crypto development vouchers at a discount through BIitSharesX. We would issue vouchers which we will honor at a 20-50% disocunt rate, meaning people would be able to buy 10,000 USD worth of development time for 8-5K USD.

Looks like due to the upfront cost of issuing bitAssets the economics would not work out on BTSX.

What is needed for BitShares ME to get forked? What is ready and what isn't? How much would it cost people to issue bitAssets? Will the only dividend be from Delegate fee destruction or also something else?

We would like to issue our vouchers in the near future through BitShares ME rather than one of the ridiculous Meta-coins.

Offline kasman5

• View Profile
When you say create an asset does this mean to be traded on the exchange?
Sign up and get a free $10 for a Digital Ocean VPS Cloud Hosting Account...Click Here:)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Hahaha love this industry

Offline bytemaster