Author Topic: Fix for corrupted wallet.dat and client crash issues and No Block source  (Read 17603 times)

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile

hey i have trouble with the client itself. It sometimes seems to load fine, sometimes just loads a blank window, sometimes it loads and then crushes. When i press go to my account or try to create a new account everything goes blank like when something crushes in windows. Please help !  :o

Please post your machine / os specs.  We need more info because things are stable on all of our machines.

Qt WebKit seems to load Internet plugins that can cause crashes on Mac.  It may be something on your computer conflicting. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have reinstalled the client, seems to work for now.... will update if crushes again. Thnaks for the quick reply
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline bytemaster

hey i have trouble with the client itself. It sometimes seems to load fine, sometimes just loads a blank window, sometimes it loads and then crushes. When i press go to my account or try to create a new account everything goes blank like when something crushes in windows. Please help !  :o

Please post your machine / os specs.  We need more info because things are stable on all of our machines.

Qt WebKit seems to load Internet plugins that can cause crashes on Mac.  It may be something on your computer conflicting. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline sitechalker

• View Profile
Just a Note....
For some reason...  even though many users have apparently NOT Changed anything in confg - the entire "No Block source available" issue seems to have been going on for Multiple platforms, and Multiple types of wallets... including Master coin, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin and others.  This has been happening since at least Sep. 2013.  Even though the 'addnodes' and other fixes like changing the ports
i.e. to 9150 instead of 9050 etc etc.   SEEM to sometimes work.  (... I personally NOW think it's coincidence that these FIXES seem to work.  Since I tried one of these fixes at the same time someone else did on the east coast... theirs WORKED mine did not.)
also... I've had the same problems on Win 7 as well as PinguyOS and from Bitcoin and Masterchest and others.
Some cross platform even seem to stop at the exact same blocks.  The other day numerous people in Masterchest had the "no Block Source available across the USA at least and were all behind by 27 hours....
I don't know what it is but I am still baffled.  Mine suddenly started working again with NO help!  and NO reinstall.
Stuck at "behind by 27 hours" and then suddenly .... all caught up! (one stuck was after completely rebuilding a 23 gig+ data base for RPCaccess... worked right up to 27 hours behind then STOPPED.

Offline danielauhlig

• View Profile
Thank you I will try all suggestions tomorrow, im in australia its late

Rely appreciate all  :)

Offline vikram

How do I import the data?

also while I was changing the client funds where sent from cryptsy that hadnt yet hit the old wallet ??? I have already downloaded the new and it has overridden the old. The funds transfer was not on the backup ......what do i do?

I think there might be some misunderstanding. It seems you were using an old version of the PTS/Protoshares client. You then downloaded and installed the most recent version from: https://github.com/BitShares/BitShares-PTS/releases.

After doing this, there is another step. You need to copy the 'wallet.dat' file from a particular application folder corresponding to the older client to the appropriate application folder corresponding with the most recent version of the client. This is what toast means by "exporting" and "importing".

These folder locations depend on your operating system--Mac or Windows. Which are you using?

Here is what the appropriate folders should look similar to for Windows: http://www.reddit.com/r/protoshare/comments/1youib/caution_watch_for_falling_pts/cfmtvgh
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 07:47:02 pm by unlimited_power »

Offline testz

How do I import the data?

also while I was changing the client funds where sent from cryptsy that hadnt yet hit the old wallet ??? I have already downloaded the new and it has overridden the old. The funds transfer was not on the backup ......what do i do?

Check here: http://ptsexplorer.cloudapp.net/chain/BitShares-PTS
If address to which you send gets PTS.
If your address get PTS from cryptsy and you have a copy of wallet.dat with this address we can work and you get your PTS back.

Offline danielauhlig

• View Profile
 :o toast thanks for your help ... Im really lost with things...who is the best mod to address with these issues i may have to send a Pm.

Thanks

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
I have no idea, I myself still use the old client. I know that's a foolproof way to do it, another is to manually dumpprivkey / importprivkey. There might be a better way to import with the new client but IDK.

Offline danielauhlig

• View Profile
oh dear ...Help .... so the import does not occur within the wallet itself? First let me understand that.

Toast let me understand do I copy and paste this into the folder that I unzipped and then I download the file?

Offline danielauhlig

• View Profile
oh dear ...Help .... so the import does not occur within the wallet itself? First let me understand that.

Offline toast

• View Profile
replace the wallet file in the new data directory. It's in BitShares-PTS folder in your app support directory (depends on OS)

Offline danielauhlig

• View Profile
Hi anyone please I have downloaded the new wallet how do I import the data from a backed up wallet