Author Topic: BitsharesX Version 0.4.7 Report  (Read 8089 times)

Tuck Fheman

if you're using windows 7, right click the short cut, go to properties, click compatibility tab, then make it backwards compatible with windows xp service pack 3. 

Doh, that fixed it!

38PTSWarrior

ubuntu 32bit: I can see the blockcount rising with getblockcount but in the right bottom corner it says "not connected". "getconnectioncount" says 8 connections.

The little wheel with the blockcounter is also not there.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
my main delegate crashed ... the monitoring node (that was supposed to switch active delegates to a backup delegate) was on a fork and got stuck (wtf?)
backup delegate was running fine on main chain .. wallet locked :(

might need to modify my backup strategy :(

Offline bytemaster

No attack. Likely just the crash bug.  They will be back soon.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
All init delegates are not producing blocks right now....

Code: [Select]

"blockchain_average_delegate_participation": "72.66 %",
it dropped to 68% for a while...

is it related with version 0.4.7 ?
or is it some kind of an attack to our network since there are missing a few more delegates blocks right now?

graphs not looking good  :(
http://x.bitmeat.com/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:16:50 pm by liondani »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
FYI, current code is still working single-threads (afaik) .. once BM can take the time to refactor the code we will see a huge performance increase ..

Be reminded: This is cutting edge technology ... cutting edge is supposed to be a little rough here and there :)

38PTSWarrior

got my wallet to sync btw.  got no crashes.  but syncing was slow, had 8 connections max.  is that normal?

It's normal.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
got my wallet to sync btw.  got no crashes.  but syncing was slow, had 8 connections max.  is that normal?

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
I installed 0.4.7 and it crashed.

I deleted all folders except for the wallets folder.

Then I restarted the client and was prompted to reset the database or not, I did.

Then without prompting for a password the wallet loaded up and displayed all contents/balances, etc. (locked however). 

After attempting to sync for a few minutes it auto-logged out and then went to the password screen.

if you're using windows 7, right click the short cut, go to properties, click compatibility tab, then make it backwards compatible with windows xp service pack 3. 

crashes seemed to stop when i did this.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
I've had three crashes so far since running 0.4.7.  When the wallet crashes, it sends a report. But then I cannot open the wallet again by double-clicking on it. I have to restart the computer to be able to run the wallet. It's currently syncing, hopefully if it completely syncs then I wont have any issues.

Also, since I imported my wallet and it hasn't completely synced yet, I am not seeing a config.json file in the appdata/roaming/Bitshares X folder   and without the config.json I cannot add the chain server. This might be an issue that needs looked at. Also some people are reporting the chain server is not working anymore.

crashes seemed to stop when i did this.

Tuck Fheman

I installed 0.4.7 and it crashed.

I deleted all folders except for the wallets folder.

Then I restarted the client and was prompted to reset the database or not, I did.

Then without prompting for a password the wallet loaded up and displayed all contents/balances, etc. (locked however). 

After attempting to sync for a few minutes it auto-logged out and then went to the password screen.

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile

Offline vikram

https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases

Thank you! Now someone should sticky that sucker to the top of every applicable sub-forum.  ;D

I also recommend subscribing to notifications on the BTSX import announcement thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7067.msg94189#msg94189

Tuck Fheman

https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases

Thank you! Now someone should sticky that sucker to the top of every applicable sub-forum.  ;D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH