Author Topic: BitsharesX Version 0.4.7 Report  (Read 8084 times)

Tuck Fheman

Where does one find all these different versions of the client again?  There was a sticky for 0.4.5 but now I can't find it and never did find 0.4.6 and now I see there's a 0.4.7 but no readily available link posted anywhere I can find.   :-\

If would be cool if there was one easy to find sticky thread for the latest release of the client (or is there? if so, where? because it's not easy to find).

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows
I've had three crashes so far since running 0.4.7.  When the wallet crashes, it sends a report. But then I cannot open the wallet again by double-clicking on it. I have to restart the computer to be able to run the wallet. It's currently syncing, hopefully if it completely syncs then I wont have any issues.

Also, since I imported my wallet and it hasn't completely synced yet, I am not seeing a config.json file in the appdata/roaming/Bitshares X folder   and without the config.json I cannot add the chain server. This might be an issue that needs looked at. Also some people are reporting the chain server is not working anymore.

The reason you can't reopen the wallet after some of those crashes is that there's still a BitsharesX process running in the background.  Instead of restarting, you can kill that process using the task manager and then you should be able to run it again.
Oh man, thank you! I can't believe I didnt think of that
Bitshares X account:  mwpeace

Please checkout my cat shelter, http://mariesmeows.wix.com/alliancerescues

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I've had three crashes so far since running 0.4.7.  When the wallet crashes, it sends a report. But then I cannot open the wallet again by double-clicking on it. I have to restart the computer to be able to run the wallet. It's currently syncing, hopefully if it completely syncs then I wont have any issues.

Also, since I imported my wallet and it hasn't completely synced yet, I am not seeing a config.json file in the appdata/roaming/Bitshares X folder   and without the config.json I cannot add the chain server. This might be an issue that needs looked at. Also some people are reporting the chain server is not working anymore.

The reason you can't reopen the wallet after some of those crashes is that there's still a BitsharesX process running in the background.  Instead of restarting, you can kill that process using the task manager and then you should be able to run it again.

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows

Bitshares X account:  mwpeace

Please checkout my cat shelter, http://mariesmeows.wix.com/alliancerescues

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Figured. But just to be really sure. If I export my .json wallet, install the latest version, then import the wallet, my funds would be intact right? I'm using OS X Mavericks. Thanks.
*confirmed*

Offline burnourdough

• View Profile
There was a hard fork with old wallet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Figured. But just to be really sure. If I export my .json wallet, install the latest version, then import the wallet, my funds would be intact right? I'm using OS X Mavericks. Thanks.

Offline bitder

• View Profile
I'm running the 0.4.7 client built from source on ubuntu.
It can get stuck syncing if you don't have your wallet open.
wallet_account_set_approval delegate.bitder 1

Offline GaltReport

Something's wrong.  I mean really.  I cannot sync my wallet. It's really slow.  I hope the Bitshares crew are looking into it.

I have 1 new server like this.  has only 1 connection.  previously had 0 for a long time.  says 3 hours remaining.  Oh, maybe it's that chain server thing?  Saw a post by bytemaster saying if it is using chain server it will show 0 connections.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:24:04 pm by GaltReport »

Offline bytemaster

There was a hard fork with old wallet

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline burnourdough

• View Profile
Something's wrong.  I mean really.  I cannot sync my wallet. It's really slow.  I hope the Bitshares crew are looking into it.
I'm still at wallet 0.3.0 and couldn't sync past block 275171. It gives up after awhile then attempts to sync again starting at 275165.

Offline joele

• View Profile
if you're using windows 7, right click the short cut, go to properties, click compatibility tab, then make it backwards compatible with windows xp service pack 3. 

crashes seemed to stop when i did this.

Awesome, thanks!  :D

Offline bytemaster

if you're using windows 7, right click the short cut, go to properties, click compatibility tab, then make it backwards compatible with windows xp service pack 3. 

+1

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile

Offline joele

• View Profile
0.4.7 still keep crashing.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile