Author Topic: How to make voting a better experience than now ?  (Read 2066 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I mean - I see a command to publish a slate, but I do not see a command for reading such slate of one of the delegates.
To say nothing that this should be pretty prominent in the GUI. If one exists - I for one, have hard time figuring out where is it.
A slate is a set of delegates out of your approved delegates ... it can be chosen by random (privacy) whenever you make a transaction.
Slates have nothing to do with the market!

On the second part you are probably right .. althoug the price feed of the delegates is only meaningful during initialization of markets ... afterwards the feed will be automated to be the 24h average .. unless you short with more than 10% over that averge your are good to go ..
Where did I say 'market', you are the one that posted the get_feed command.

All in Re: wallet_publish_slate <publishing_account_name> [paying_account_name]   

and RDPOS   in general.                         
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 07:25:27 pm by TheOnion »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I mean - I see a command to publish a slate, but I do not see a command for reading such slate of one of the delegates.
To say nothing that this should be pretty prominent in the GUI. If one exists - I for one, have hard time figuring out where is it.
A slate is a set of delegates out of your approved delegates ... it can be chosen by random (privacy) whenever you make a transaction.
Slates have nothing to do with the market!

On the second part you are probably right .. althoug the price feed of the delegates is only meaningful during initialization of markets ... afterwards the feed will be automated to be the 24h average .. unless you short with more than 10% over that averge your are good to go ..

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
"Vote as Delegates Recommend"

Let's start with how you actually select/see what they/delegates recommend...
Code: [Select]
blockchain_get_feeds_for_asset USD

I think he means "let's start with asking, 'Who are the recommended delegates?'"

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
when somebody goes to the tab "vote" on a specific account there is available a button to "Update Votes" but there is nowhere the option to choose "Vote as Delegates Recommend", only the other 3 options available ! (please fix)

I don't think this has been implemented yet see "RDPOS" posts and white paper for what it means and how it will work

Yes but it is there as an option on tranfer tab... so it must be on both tabs available or nowhere.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
when somebody goes to the tab "vote" on a specific account there is available a button to "Update Votes" but there is nowhere the option to choose "Vote as Delegates Recommend", only the other 3 options available ! (please fix)

I don't think this has been implemented yet see "RDPOS" posts and white paper for what it means and how it will work
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile

I think he means "let's start with asking, 'Who are the recommended delegates?'"
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I have an idea !!!
The first 10 transactions for free if they pick up "Vote as Delegates Recommend"

PS it gives new users the motive to play arround also... ;)

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I wanted to vote today again ( I am on version 0.4.7) and I didn't vote at the end.

1.When I go to the top delegates page I can't see which delegates I have allready voted, only if I wait a few minutes!!! (is it a bug?)
2.Sometimes I am not sure if the blue or the white upvote hand represents the vote... its confusing if you see both colors (maybe better use green color for upvote, white for no voting and red for downvote*)  *I thought we can not downvote ???
3.To give a motive to users to pick up "Vote All" or "Vote Delegates Recommend"... lower the fees for these options... ;)

TRANSFER FEES EXAMPLE:

1.Vote as Delegates Recommend    fee=0.1 BTSX
   2.Vote All                                         fee=0.2 BTSX
   3.Vote Random Subset                    fee=0.3 BTSX
   4.Vote None                                    fee=0.5 BTSX  (let them pay for maximum privacy  :))

maybe the order can change a little... (depends on "networks" prioritys)

PS make your suggestion on this thread so we make voting a better experience  ;)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:28:02 pm by liondani »