Author Topic: BitsharesX wallet 0.4.7 crashs on Mac(10.9.4)  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Methodise

I however opted not to reset, still everything worked fine after a few restarts on my mac.

The problem with the Mac client is certainly of GUI specificity. My interface was misreporting my sync status. That became evident once I'd discovered considerable sync progress, within minutes of a 'hopeless' restart.
BTS: methodise

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
My update:  success! - I left the client attempting to sync for well over an hour until it eventually crashed. However, when I reopened the client, it began syncing correctly and after an hour or so was complete. When I did this re-open I was given a message that a crash had occurred and did I want to reset the database or continue. I opted to reset, which began syncing from scratch. I'm not sure if it was necessary for me to do that to get it to work, but in the end it was working, and I was finally able to register and successfully do my first transfer.

Offline Methodise

Same problems on one Mac, my other install is fine.

How many minutes in 'several' for a reindex?
BTS: methodise

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
star spirt, I am in same boat as you it seems like it takes days to sync, and been stuck for days now with no sync.  half way there.  Also running OSX.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
I had a problem with my previous Bitshares X client (downloaded a week or two ago) not syncing, so I installed the latest version 0.4.8 on my Mac (10.9.3). When I open the client it says "Reindexing database; please wait...This may take several minutes". One hour later I am still waiting and my system is crawling. Should I quit the client and try re-installing, or do I need to do something else?

Offline bytemaster

Thank you for the error report.  Our team is working around the clock to trackdown all of the stability issues and your post has helped. 

Thanks.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline enforest

• View Profile
Hi, my wallet keeps crashing every time I open it, ever since I upgraded the wallet to 0.4.4 from 0.3.0.
I thought it maybe some glitch and just waited for an update, but every update (0.4.4-0.4.7) failed to start.
The GUI did not show any information about the crash, I turned to command line and found the following:

Code: [Select]
Initializing genesis state from built-in genesis file
Successfully re-indexed 0 blocks in 0 seconds.
Initializing genesis state from built-in genesis file
QString::arg: Argument missing: "Reindexing database; please wait... This may take several minutes." , 2164305424
/index.html
/css/app.css
/js/app.js
/locale-zh-CN.json
/img/logo-ico.svg
BitSharesX(12000,0x7fff7ae53310) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fff7b6aa330: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

while the apple crash reporter said:
Code: [Select]
Process:         BitSharesX [12075]
Path:            /Applications/BitSharesX.app/Contents/MacOS/BitSharesX
Identifier:      org.bitshares.btsx
Version:         .. (..)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [259]
Responsible:     BitSharesX [12075]
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2014-08-24 08:04:25.818 +0800
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)
Report Version:  11

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
abort() called
*** error for object 0x7fff7b6aa330: pointer being freed was not allocated

These error messages persisted since 0.4.4
Any ideas? Please help, thanks!