Author Topic: BTSX/NXT Trading Pair at bter.com  (Read 5934 times)

Offline Riverhead

I dont think $10 is such a long shot.  Instant transactions is like VISA.

It's not impossible, but there is a LOT of work that needs to be done to get VISA scalability. Also the blockchain - it's already a pain in the ass to download it. Installing a fresh new client takes longer and longer.

Would be nice if chain servers got paid, similar to the delegates, to ensure easy download of the whole blockchain.

Would be even better if they were able to serve Electrum style clients.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

It's not impossible, but there is a LOT of work that needs to be done to get VISA scalability. Also the blockchain - it's already a pain in the ass to download it. Installing a fresh new client takes longer and longer.

Would be nice if chain servers got paid, similar to the delegates, to ensure easy download of the whole blockchain.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I assume he means shorting BitUSD.

You're probably right. I'm just showing my lack of knowledge with this stuff.
I feel your pain.....I think 1$ btsx is a realistic goal. Until we get their I want to understand how I can as a bull increase my btsx holdings...... Other then another bitstamp transfer.

Offline Riverhead

You're probably right. I'm just showing my lack of knowledge with this stuff.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Since a lot of us believe BTSX is worth a dollar can someone create a step by step guide on how to properly go long BTSX?

We need to make it easy for people like us to actually invest according to our own self interest.  I'm going to be honest, the interface of Bitshares X is difficult to deal with and there are on help pages built in.

I am not sure I understand the question. Wouldn't going long on BTSX just mean buying and holding it? Or are you curious if there's a better way than just straight brute force purchasing off exchanges?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
My BTSX are not going to be for sale at prices under $1.

I'll probably hedge my BTSX position with 10% bitUSD at ~$1 but I'm not selling for at least a year.. and even then I'll probably be using it as my main bank account.

Since a lot of us believe BTSX is worth a dollar can someone create a step by step guide on how to properly go long BTSX?

We need to make it easy for people like us to actually invest according to our own self interest.  I'm going to be honest, the interface of Bitshares X is difficult to deal with and there are on help pages built in.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Visa. Your bank. Remittances. Bitcoin. Commodities exchange markets. BitShares X can replace them all.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
with this we will suck nxt's last breath of air. i keed, im not hostile towards them
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Solid!

https://bter.com/trade/btsx_nxt

This will be an interesting market to watch going forward.

I don't know what to say. I wouldn't want to sell any of my btsx to get NXT.

I wonder if a lot of NXTers will want to sell their NXT to get btsx? But who will sell to them?

If I were a NXT whale I would at least hedge my bets by buying a similar amount in BTSX.

Are you going to sell to them?

My BTSX are not going to be for sale at prices under $10.

+5%

+5% That would make me one rich mother f*****  8)  Also, LOL at selling any of my stack for another coin.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
I might sell a few of my BTSX at $10. Definitely won't think about it before then.

$10 would be like 3x current Bitcoin market cap... Getting a bit ahead of yourself here.

But the funny thing is people can just have an order to buy BitUSD at those prices. :)

Exactly. Which is why, if you think about it, BTSX has far more uses than Bitcoin. I think there's a very real chance this could take off and reach escape velocity.
I think $10 is a long shot, but since that would mean that I could quit my day job and spend my time focusing on things that I'm more passionate about, I am willing to hold out.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I might sell a few of my BTSX at $10. Definitely won't think about it before then.

$10 would be like 3x current Bitcoin market cap... Getting a bit ahead of yourself here.

But the funny thing is people can just have an order to buy BitUSD at those prices. :)

Exactly. Which is why, if you think about it, BTSX has far more uses than Bitcoin. I think there's a very real chance this could take off and reach escape velocity.
I think $10 is a long shot, but since that would mean that I could quit my day job and spend my time focusing on things that I'm more passionate about, I am willing to hold out.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

I would go with a sell schedule as follows:

10% at $0.10
10% at $0.25
10% at $0.50
10% at $0.75
10% at $1.00
10% at $2.00
10% at $5.00
10% at $7.50

Offline yellowecho

My BTSX are not going to be for sale at prices under $1.

I'll probably hedge my BTSX position with 10% bitUSD at ~$1 but I'm not selling for at least a year.. and even then I'll probably be using it as my main bank account.
696c6f766562726f776e696573