Author Topic: Nxt and Bitshares Advantages of each  (Read 14588 times)

bitbro

unfortunately for nxt supporters, they have mistaken flash for fire, luckily there is time to move to Bts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Guys be supportive, please!

That's  if you expect the same from them!

'mczarnek',  I for one, am ready to hear your points (although, I spent equal time there, so I know most of the claims.)

BM just whooped nxt, better sell and get some Bts

This is a delayed message for me, as I did so about a month ago.

That being said if BTS was not  ever in existence, NXT would have been the best thing around.  justmyHO.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:34:53 am by TheOnion »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bytemaster

Nxt has more infrastructure today mostly because it has been out longer.   Most of the advantages listed in the Nxt list are temporary and BTSX will quickly reach parity.  Other advantages listed are "future", ie taking credit for planned upgrades without giving BTSX credit for our own planned upgrades. 

Nxt has a lot going for it.  I welcome the competition, the market is big enough for both of us.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

bitbro

BM just whooped nxt, better sell and get some Bts

Offline bytemaster

-More decentralized.. any who wants to can forge.  Via leased forging you can even just buy some Nxt to lease to a forger.. similar to DPOS's voting system but less likely to become as centralized and anyone who wants can still forge

This is not an advantage of Nxt... BitShares is more decentralized.  While any one "can forge", anyone below a certain percentage ownership cannot do so profitably.  Also the marginal utility argument of adding additional forgers shows there is a limit where additional decentralization costs more than the value it provides.   With BitShares everyone has a say proportional to their stake....

I think at the end of the day Nxt turns into DPOS via leased forging with a different voting algorithm and that is it.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Btc38

• View Profile
 :) BTSX has very big chinese market than nxt
BTC38: One step a footprint is true

Offline mczarnek

• View Profile
We've had some people trying to post to the nxtforum.org to start a NXT vs Bitshares discussion (https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/open-invitation-to-the-nxt-community!/).  Figured I'd post back here and get one going here as well.  Meant to be friendly and make sure you guys are aware of what's going on in the Nxt community as BTSX and Nxt are the most promising POS coins in my my opinion.

What do you guys think about Nxt vs BitShares?

Bitshares advantages:
-Shorting with collateral, which is a nice addition to AE.
-DPOS
-Faster confirmations
-Titan addresses somehow adds privacy? Could someone explain?
-Probably better marketing team.. Nxt Organization has just started and is trying to change that, but it's going to be a little bit

Nxt advantages:
-Also has an Asset Exchange.  Cheaper to issue an asset, cheap enough that anyone can use it.
-More decentralized.. any who wants to can forge.  Via leased forging you can even just buy some Nxt to lease to a forger.. similar to DPOS's voting system but less likely to become as centralized and anyone who wants can still forge
- Arbitrary messaging
- A decentralized marketplace
- A decentralized exchange(multi-gateway).. your BTC might even potentially get robbed if robber can hack 2 out of 3 separate high-security servers but you will not lose your Nxt via the Multi-Gateway since you trade directly from your wallet.
- I'm in charge of implementing even faster and more decentralized confirmations in Nxt than BTSX has. Coming in a few months.
- Has a blockchain explorer.. which seems pretty basic, amazed you don't have anything nearly as nice as nxtexplorer.com or https://nxtblocks.info/
- Multiple wallets  Wesley's wallet, offspring, Human Fractal's wallet, mynxt.info
- nxtad.net allows anyone out their to advertise using Nxt as their crypto currency
-Alias system.. Bitshares might have this one too?
-You can pay your credit card bill using Nxt
-Many more developers, at least a dozen currently interviewing and just in general has more of the basics implemented.
-Traded on more exchanges

Clearly my money is mostly on Nxt and I know it much better.. so what am I missing that I can add under BitShare advantages?  Any of this stuff that Nxt already implements that BTSX does too? You guys have DACs out yet?

You guys all agree that BTSX is currently in a bubble?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:42:13 pm by mczarnek »