Author Topic: Market Dynamics of Bitcoindark, mining, DPOS, POW and Bitshares  (Read 1821 times)

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Bitcoindark looks interesting.. that very well could be one of the best PoW coins out there. I like Bitmark too.

IMO PoW is bad though.. a lot of waster processing power and electricity. Also, once specialized hardware is built they will likely suffer from centralization due to economies of scale.

I don't think it would be a horrible idea for bitshares to consider a PoW coin though to bring more people into the community. There are a lot of people with sha256/scrypt mining hardware. However, I think that is kind of what Bitshares has been lobbying against all this time, since it uses so much electricity to protect the block chain isn't sustainable.

There's been talk for several months of setting up a multipool, blackcoin-style. That way miners can mine whatever coin is most profitable and then have their mined coins automatically exchanged for BTSX. Attracts miners without actually making bitshares PoW.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

This is a great idea. You could even go a step further than that by making both a SHA256, Scrypt, and GPU pool. Alternatively, you could make Protoshares mine-able by multiple algorithms like the crypto currency Myriadcoin.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Bitcoindark looks interesting.. that very well could be one of the best PoW coins out there. I like Bitmark too.

IMO PoW is bad though.. a lot of waster processing power and electricity. Also, once specialized hardware is built they will likely suffer from centralization due to economies of scale.

I don't think it would be a horrible idea for bitshares to consider a PoW coin though to bring more people into the community. There are a lot of people with sha256/scrypt mining hardware. However, I think that is kind of what Bitshares has been lobbying against all this time, since it uses so much electricity to protect the block chain isn't sustainable.

There's been talk for several months of setting up a multipool, blackcoin-style. That way miners can mine whatever coin is most profitable and then have their mined coins automatically exchanged for BTSX. Attracts miners without actually making bitshares PoW.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:33:42 pm by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline kripeecakes

• View Profile
As Bitshares evolves you will get folks wanting to talk about other coins and what it all means as prices fluctuate.

Some of you investors may have noticed Bitcoindark shot up yesterday. Coincidentally, Coindesk had an article come out about it the day before.

Obviously large crypto holders who "mine" have a vested interest in keeping the mining industry going.

So this is where Bitcoindark comes in. Perhaps this coin is a natural opposite reaction to the DPOS momentum recently.

A mineable anonymous Bitcoin with "teleporting" ...

My knowledge of crypto is superficial ..... but, I am willing to learn and just thought I would bounce this thoughts out there ....

Sure like to hear what others are thinking.