Author Topic: Can't create bitshares-x wallet - Resolved  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Black Arrow

• View Profile
Could you provide us with more details on what happens on step #4? Is the button still available so you can press it second time?

Thanks for the reply. I don't understand why, but I tried it one more time doing the same things I had done previously, and this time it worked. I am going to change the title to Resolved.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
right click the short cut, go to properties, click compatibility tab, then make it backwards compatible with windows xp service pack 3.
Thanks. I tried that, but I get the same result.
1) I uninstalled and deleted the appdata folder for Bitshares-x.
2) I reinstalled and when it says launch, I said no and instead went to properties for the icon and changed the compatibility mode.
3) I started the software using the icon and entered the same password twice and pressed create wallet
4)  A few large dots flash on and off quickly (less than a second) and I wait. Nothing happens.
5) I quit by using the menu option from the file menu.
6) I re-start the program using the icon
7) It asks for my password to open the wallet. I enter the password - it says "Wrong Password"

Could you provide us with more details on what happens on step #4? Is the button still available so you can press it second time?

Offline Black Arrow

• View Profile
right click the short cut, go to properties, click compatibility tab, then make it backwards compatible with windows xp service pack 3.
Thanks. I tried that, but I get the same result.
1) I uninstalled and deleted the appdata folder for Bitshares-x.
2) I reinstalled and when it says launch, I said no and instead went to properties for the icon and changed the compatibility mode.
3) I started the software using the icon and entered the same password twice and pressed create wallet
4)  A few large dots flash on and off quickly (less than a second) and I wait. Nothing happens.
5) I quit by using the menu option from the file menu.
6) I re-start the program using the icon
7) It asks for my password to open the wallet. I enter the password - it says "Wrong Password"

Offline Black Arrow

• View Profile
Just confirming, on launch it shows a password box and a password confirmation box, you enter the same password in the two boxes and click to confirm, but nothing happens at all?
A few large dots display for less than a second, and then nothing happens after that.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Just confirming, on launch it shows a password box and a password confirmation box, you enter the same password in the two boxes and click to confirm, but nothing happens at all?

Offline Black Arrow

• View Profile
I have downloaded and installed version 4.7 of the bitshares-x wallet on Windows 7.  When I start the software it asks me to enter a password to create a wallet. Nothing seems to happen. If I quit and restart the software, it asks for my password and then tells me I have the wrong password. I have tried uninstalling and deleting the appdata bitshares-x folder and reinstalling and starting over again, and I have tried starting the program as administrator, but I always get the same result.  Can you help me create and open a wallet?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:56:22 pm by Black Arrow »