Author Topic: many init delegates are down  (Read 2215 times)

Offline crazybit

This actually makes a lot of sense.
And the init delegates were stable so far.
Perhaps they will prevent this for the future.

many init delegates are down again, who can help to nofiy DAC Sun?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
This actually makes a lot of sense.
And the init delegates were stable so far.
Perhaps they will prevent this for the future.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline bytemaster

they will probably know once s.o. gets up .. anyway .. doesn't hurt the network too much as there are 101 delegates in total  :)

BM already told them to fix the redundandy :)

i think every delegate should be monitored, my delegates are all under monitoring, SMS will be delivered to my phone once my delegate is down. i had been wake up 2 times by the SMS alert due to the client crashing  at midnight last weekend  . : (

If you don't think the init delegates are doing a good job we can also attempt to vote them out. It would require some campaigning though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If DAC Sun doesn't provide good uptime then they should be voted out.  Right now they control 25% of the delegates which allows them to throw some weight behind any hard fork that may occur, especially if something terrible happened that completely fractured the delegates into many forks.   So I think it may be prudent to have this large block as an insurance policy until all code has stabilized and the system is self sustaining.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

they will probably know once s.o. gets up .. anyway .. doesn't hurt the network too much as there are 101 delegates in total  :)

i think every delegate should be monitored, my delegates are all under monitoring, SMS will be delivered to my phone once my delegate is down. i had been wake up 2 times by the SMS alert due to the client crashing  at midnight last weekend  . : (

If you don't think the init delegates are doing a good job we can also attempt to vote them out. It would require some campaigning though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:)

Offline crazybit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline crazybit

as subject, who can help to notify 3i?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:46:31 pm by crazybit »