Author Topic: Women in crypto (I think BTSX will change this too)  (Read 2590 times)

Offline yellowecho

Owning BitShares X helps you pick up the ladies...  now there is a marketing angle with Sex Appeal.

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bytemaster

Owning BitShares X helps you pick up the ladies...  now there is a marketing angle with Sex Appeal. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yellowecho

I have a similar story with my girlfriend.  Occasionally we'll have political or socioeconomic discussions and 90% of the time I conclude that the root of the world's problems lies in a broken monetary system.  In our latest discussion I explained how bitUSD could change the world and she was fascinated and excited.  I found that explaining bitUSD was far easier for her to understand than Bitcoin (mostly because of value determination and security validation).  So I think bitUSD will be more popular than Bitcoin with the ladies  ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:19:49 pm by yellowecho »
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I give up any rights on that - repost/publish whatever (preferably after some spellcheck/proofreading). If you or somebody else wants to use it for as something good for BitShares, I am all for that.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

My wife has always has this attitude towards my crypto interests – "Oh you mean  your toys/play money/hobbies/”. That being said I managed on 2 occasions this year to give her a pretty long lessons on BTC, followed by such explanations about Bitshares. I finished those with my opinion that Bitshares X has a good chance to change the world. ..The first clue as what is to come should have been when BTSX finally launched. I told her about it, and reiterated my great expectations. She then ask – “Why don’t you put more money in?”. Well I did short of that suggestion, I just liquidated all other hedges, diversifications in other crypto and bought more BTSX .When my newly acquired BTSX (those that I bought after launching the chain) doubled in price last week, I let her know; as well as how many more times this doubling has to happen before we become millionaires….(I realize the potentially misleading way to put the info like that).

This leads us up to yesterday, when my wife drove me in a total state of surprise.  First during the day after exchanging 2-3 sentences about BTSX , she surprised me by saying – “I want my own money in this thing.” As surprised as I was to hear that, I selfishly though – “Well maybe I was way too convincing. I should dial it down…maybe”. We came back home, I checked the prices… up 55%... I went back and said “Honey, about those $2000 bucks… are you sure the price is up 60% again” hoping that this will make her think twice…but the next sentence put me in total shock - she said “I said, I want my money in!”
Now I do believe that the average woman is a better investor than the average man. Additionally my wife has a ‘solid’ financial background. First her graduation paper (it is not the same education system as in US so it is hard to explain what exactly it is, but it is generally a 3-6mo. research project at the end of a Master’s degree, although her degree was not in finance) was in financial derivatives. And since then she has also become a CPA, so definitely not below average financial background, in my book.

This morning, giving it a bit of more thought, while staring at BTSX’ price… Do you realize that among other things, BTSX is also changing the current men to women ratio in crypto. What is it now 9:1… 8:2, I doubt it is any higher than 20% right now. This forum for example says (as much as this statistic can be trusted) 50:1 men/women ratio.

Any thoughts?

Please put this story on Reddit. It needs to become part of community lore.

Also I think Bitshares DACs are entirely different. We are talking about owning digital companies not just playing with money or speculating. I think women might be very interested in Bitshares Music, the variety and diversity of the DACs coming forward will attract new people hopefully.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
My wife has been bugging me to put some of her money in for a while now. I have refused because I don't want to be that guy that lost his wife's money "on some internet thing". However there is nothing stopping her from putting her own money in herself. Rather than just taking her money and being a fund manager I'm showing her how it all works from bank account->BTSX Market. After that if she wants to jump through the hoops she's more than welcome. The world doesn't need another fund manager, especially not me lol.

Just my story, nothing against what you're doing for your wife TheOnion :).

I wish I was that wise to do the same yesterday... instead I am watching the price go from 0.00070 to 0.000075 and I still do not have the guts to place the buy order... :(

[edit August 25, 2014, 04:10:40 PM] And now it is @ 0.000084 Maaan I am screwed!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:12:37 pm by TheOnion »

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Now I do believe that the average woman is a better investor than the average man.

That's a very strong statement...

I would agree that they are better shoppers.

Indeed they are :)! Great to see womens also dive more into it... great progress, isn't it?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Now I do believe that the average woman is a better investor than the average man.

That's a very strong statement...

I would agree that they are better shoppers.

Offline Riverhead

My wife has been bugging me to put some of her money in for a while now. I have refused because I don't want to be that guy that lost his wife's money "on some internet thing". However there is nothing stopping her from putting her own money in herself. Rather than just taking her money and being a fund manager I'm showing her how it all works from bank account->BTSX Market. After that if she wants to jump through the hoops she's more than welcome. The world doesn't need another fund manager, especially not me lol.

Just my story, nothing against what you're doing for your wife TheOnion :).

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Any sudden price increase drives speculators, anyone touched by greed and many other useless creeps.
However it brings attention and some people actually read and understand the topic.
There is no way to tell (on first sight) if someone is just greedy or believes in the technology/ideology/whatever drives him towards the product.
And this is true regardless of the gender.
BitsharesX solves real problems using means never used before. And it does it well (so far, I hope it will stay this way for the future).
What you observe is bound to happen with many individuals however each one of them might have different reasons for that.
When you extract the logic behind your wife's decision you are invited to share it with us.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

My wife has always has this attitude towards my crypto interests – "Oh you mean  your toys/play money/hobbies/”. That being said I managed on 2 occasions this year to give her a pretty long lessons on BTC, followed by such explanations about Bitshares. I finished those with my opinion that Bitshares X has a good chance to change the world. ..The first clue as what is to come should have been when BTSX finally launched. I told her about it, and reiterated my great expectations. She then ask – “Why don’t you put more money in?”. Well I did short of that suggestion, I just liquidated all other hedges, diversifications in other crypto and bought more BTSX .When my newly acquired BTSX (those that I bought after launching the chain) doubled in price last week, I let her know; as well as how many more times this doubling has to happen before we become millionaires….(I realize the potentially misleading way to put the info like that).

This leads us up to yesterday, when my wife drove me in a total state of surprise.  First during the day after exchanging 2-3 sentences about BTSX , she surprised me by saying – “I want my own money in this thing.” As surprised as I was to hear that, I selfishly though – “Well maybe I was way too convincing. I should dial it down…maybe”. We came back home, I checked the prices… up 55%... I went back and said “Honey, about those $2000 bucks… are you sure the price is up 60% again” hoping that this will make her think twice…but the next sentence put me in total shock - she said “I said, I want my money in!”
Now I do believe that the average woman is a better investor than the average man. Additionally my wife has a ‘solid’ financial background. First her graduation paper (it is not the same education system as in US so it is hard to explain what exactly it is, but it is generally a 3-6mo. research project at the end of a Master’s degree, although her degree was not in finance) was in financial derivatives. And since then she has also become a CPA, so definitely not below average financial background, in my book.

This morning, giving it a bit of more thought, while staring at BTSX’ price… Do you realize that among other things, BTSX is also changing the current men to women ratio in crypto. What is it now 9:1… 8:2, I doubt it is any higher than 20% right now. This forum for example says (as much as this statistic can be trusted) 50:1 men/women ratio.

Any thoughts?