Author Topic: BitUSD Market Discussion  (Read 7945 times)

Offline bytemaster

All delegates have upgraded, version 0.4.8-a of the GUI has been released, trading can resume safely.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I bought some BitUSD. Could be very useful.

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
Market has been paused while we investigate an issue.

OMG....
They "paused" the market by canceling there big orders ... such that the market depth was too low ..
They cannot really "pause" the market once s.o. else puts in the money :)

BM is usually posting thing directly when they appear .. might be a minor glitch worth nothing ..

Was wondering how that was possible. Cheers for that info.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

OMG....
They "paused" the market by canceling there big orders ... such that the market depth was too low ..
They cannot really "pause" the market once s.o. else puts in the money :)

BM is usually posting thing directly when they appear .. might be a minor glitch worth nothing ..

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
is the market depth really needed? just now trading stopped, because someone chancelled 2,000,000.00 btsx
- most of 20 million is only fake, because the prices are a joke so why is it needed?

edit : ok, posted at the same time with bytemaster

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
4 weeks too late ... not having anything besides bithsares anymore :) all in since sub $1c ;-)

Sold my few BTCs and some other irrelevant coins for bitshares back in December - April for PTS and just waited for this moment...Unfortunately I wish I have understood the whole AGS better and have donated my PTS earlier...
In the middle I lost some more money from NXT during the pump a month ago...

Bottom line, today, I am back exactly where I was a year ago. I will never make same mistakes ever again. From now on just HOLD my precious until they go to the outer space. Unfortunately if I do not trade I feel empty so I will probably do some bad trading again so some people can profit from my losses but at least now I feel that I am holding something really valuable for the first time in my life!

Offline xOR

• View Profile
+5% Who needs Bitcoins anyway? They are not anonymous, slower in transactions, sustaining the network needs more energy and you have to deal with ugly addresses. To sum it up: inferior. But to be fair: they laid the cornerstone for all this so there was a time when it was important  :P

just sell your precious bitcoins before it crashes and get some bitshares now...
Hehe, if only vendors were to accept bitUSD on a large scale already. Unless that happens I will still make sure I got some BTC lying around for purchases.

Offline Riverhead

BitUSD fees collected: $219
BitUSD issued:           $7952

Looks like our insurance fund is doing well at the moment :)

Is there a way we can see the insurance fund balance or does it need to be derived?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
just sell your precious bitcoins before it crashes and get some bitshares now...
4 weeks too late ... not having anything besides bithsares anymore :) all in since sub $1c ;-)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
+5% Who needs Bitcoins anyway? They are not anonymous, slower in transactions, sustaining the network needs more energy and you have to deal with ugly addresses. To sum it up: inferior. But to be fair: they laid the cornerstone for all this so there was a time when it was important  :P

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 08:49:25 pm by mf-tzo »

Offline bytemaster

BitUSD fees collected: $219
BitUSD issued:           $7952

Looks like our insurance fund is doing well at the moment :)

Offline xOR

• View Profile
Seems to be tracking the real dollar value very nicely. Now i am thinking  what's the point of having bitcoins? I can use bitshares x  as a deflationary currency and bitUSD for stability for day to day transactions.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Seems to be tracking the real dollar value very nicely. Now i am thinking  what's the point of having bitcoins? I can use bitshares x  as a deflationary currency and bitUSD for stability for day to day transactions.
.. you got the point :)

Offline hamiltino

• View Profile
Seems to be tracking the real dollar value very nicely. Now i am thinking  what's the point of having bitcoins? I can use bitshares x  as a deflationary currency and bitUSD for day to day transactions.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 08:41:17 pm by hamiltino »