Author Topic: BitUSD Market Discussion  (Read 7869 times)

Offline xOR

• View Profile
Must be and I am missing them...I just installed the new version and I am 13d behind and I hope it doesn't crash...I can't wait...
Has been stable for me so far. Even traded a bit already and it worked like a charm. The only time when it crashes a lot is when I exit the application. But as long as this doesn't corrupt my wallets or anything this is not much of an issue.
Catching up 13d shouldn't take too long. See you when you're there  ;)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Must be and I am missing them...I just installed the new version and I am 13d behind and I hope it doesn't crash...I can't wait...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm not home.  How is the BitUSD price holding up relative to the actual price?

So far the actual price has been climbing faster than the 1hr moving average can keep up, but it appears to be within tolerance.  We will need to see some price swings in BTSX large/long enough to really prove it, but it looks good.
exciting times!

Offline bytemaster

So far the actual price has been climbing faster than the 1hr moving average can keep up, but it appears to be within tolerance.  We will need to see some price swings in BTSX large/long enough to really prove it, but it looks good.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Placed a short position and was filled.  Is the only way to close out the position through the cover button, or when I buy bitUSD will it close out the short order? I would like to place a limit order to get called out of the short, but it looks like the "cover" option to close will dump me in at current market price.

In short, will a normal bitUSD buy close out/cancel out my short bitUSD when it is filled? Or will I be long and short bitUSD at the same time in the same account?

The cover button users USD in your account already.  So if you want to "buy" then "cover" you can create a bot that will buy and cover at the price you want in 2 steps.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Ggozzo

Placed a short position and was filled.  Is the only way to close out the position through the cover button, or when I buy bitUSD will it close out the short order? I would like to place a limit order to get called out of the short, but it looks like the "cover" option to close will dump me in at current market price.

In short, will a normal bitUSD buy close out/cancel out my short bitUSD when it is filled? Or will I be long and short bitUSD at the same time in the same account?

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Some feed backs from chinese community:

1: stupid orders can be reminded but also should be confirmed in GUI, instead of going to console.
2:Additional collateral should be added.
3: BitCNY market has no rush to open, wait one or two days until more people get familiar with the market GUI.
4: Now that bitUSD is live, we may need endorsement from big merchants or company who accepts bitUSD/bitCNY. Small bird says that 3I has a promoting plan in September, any details to release?
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Thanks Bytemaster this is great fun  :)

Offline bytemaster

Short   23.40   100.00   2,340.00

I bought $50 but is showing like 49.9999
Yes I am using GUI

Yes, there are rounding errors that are the result of multiplying a price by an amount.   

You should see your short position in the open orders list... with an option to "cover" (assuming it executed)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Short   23.40   100.00   2,340.00

I bought $50 but is showing like 49.9999
Yes I am using GUI

Offline bytemaster

To get extra "collateral" on your short position the current process is as follows:

Short 100 USD
Buy    50 USD
Cover 50  USD

Result:  partially covered position has 3x the required collateral. 

I have followed instruction to start playing first shorting 100 than buying 50 (shows as 49.9999) just do not know how to cover.
Please help
Thanks  :)

What are your orders and USD balance?

Are you using the GUI?

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
To get extra "collateral" on your short position the current process is as follows:

Short 100 USD
Buy    50 USD
Cover 50  USD

Result:  partially covered position has 3x the required collateral. 

I have followed instruction to start playing first shorting 100 than buying 50 (shows as 49.9999) just do not know how to cover.
Please help
Thanks  :)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Congrats... lets hope the train ride is a long and prosperous one.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag