Author Topic: Confused by market order, please help  (Read 3865 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ok, thanks.
Just wanted to know if the information is there in the GUI and I can't find it or it is just unavailable at this stage.
I am afraid its just unavailable at the moment :)

jakub

pst ... there will be a new trading software out in a couple of weeks that will be so awesome .. and just fulfills all your wishes .. but .. pst .. it's a secret ;-)

Anyway, the devs are working on fixing that issue ... give them some time and get your calculators out on the table to do the math in the mean time ;-)
Ok, thanks.
Just wanted to know if the information is there in the GUI and I can't find it or it is just unavailable at this stage.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
pst ... there will be a new trading software out in a couple of weeks that will be so awesome .. and just fulfills all your wishes .. but .. pst .. it's a secret ;-)

Anyway, the devs are working on fixing that issue ... give them some time and get your calculators out on the table to do the math in the mean time ;-)

jakub

I have these shorts as listed above. How can I find out how much profit/loss I have made so far on them?
Is there a way to see the initial price I sold the bitUSD at or do I have to remember it and calculate the profit/loss manually?

jakub

The top column just hasnt updated fully.  Go to a different tab and come back
Thanks, indeed refreshing does help.
This is a very confusing bug, has it been reported?
Also, the fifth column says "XTS" instead of "BTSX". Does it matter?

I rarely report bugs.  I just assume that everyone else has.  I probably shouldn't do that.  The XTS is another error.

Report posted  :)
https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/issues/293

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

I rarely report bugs.  I just assume that everyone else has.  I probably shouldn't do that.  The XTS is another error.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

What is the difference between row one and row three?
Both are opened shorts on bitUSD but they difffer in the first column ("Type") and only the third one has collatral column filled up. What's the difference between them?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
I've just been playing with the new functionality making small test orders, and I am quite confused how it actually works.

I started off by shorting USD.

I couldn't see this left as an open position anywhere with information about collatoral and margin requirement, but I had thought the idea was I then needed to buy USD to cancel out this 'loan', so I bought the same amount of USD. But those USD were just added to my balance - so what happened to the loan? Do I still need to repay USD at some point, and if so when?

It might be that you didn't use the COVER button to cover your short.  Sounds like you just bought some more BitUSD.  I believe you have to use the COVER button to actually repay the "loan".  That will payoff the bitUSD loaned to you by applying the bitUSD you bought to your bitUSD loan.  I think.... :-\

Yes, thanks, I think this is what happened.

jakub

What is the difference between row one and row three?
Both are opened shorts on bitUSD but they difffer in the first column ("Type") and only the third one has collatral column filled up. What's the difference between them?

Offline valzav

• View Profile
So why is it sorted from the highest price (33.998933) to the lowest (30.296) and not the other way round?
If the current price is around 23.50 surely the 30.296 short will be forced to cover first and before the 33.998933 one.

jakub, I think you are right, margin orders need to be sorted from lowest to highest. I've created issue for this, should be fixed in next release https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/issues/292

Offline GaltReport

I've just been playing with the new functionality making small test orders, and I am quite confused how it actually works.

I started off by shorting USD.

I couldn't see this left as an open position anywhere with information about collatoral and margin requirement, but I had thought the idea was I then needed to buy USD to cancel out this 'loan', so I bought the same amount of USD. But those USD were just added to my balance - so what happened to the loan? Do I still need to repay USD at some point, and if so when?

It might be that you didn't use the COVER button to cover your short.  Sounds like you just bought some more BitUSD.  I believe you have to use the COVER button to actually repay the "loan".  That will payoff the bitUSD loaned to you by applying the bitUSD you bought to your bitUSD loan.  I think.... :-\

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:00:47 pm by GaltReport »

jakub

It tells you at what price others are forced to buy.  Ie... how close to a short squeeze the market is :)
So why is it sorted from the highest price (33.998933) to the lowest (30.296) and not the other way round?
If the current price is around 23.50 surely the 30.296 short will be forced to cover first and before the 33.998933 one.

Offline bytemaster

It tells you at what price others are forced to buy.  Ie... how close to a short squeeze the market is :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

jakub

Also, what are the Margin orders? How do they relate? I cant see any way to buy/sell them.

Can anyone answer this? I wish I could but I don't know myself.

Margin orders will execute automatically when the highest bid falls below the call price and is within 10% of the 24h moving average.

So what is the purpose of the "Margin orders" table in the GUI? What kind of information does it give me?
"Buy orders" show me at what prices I can sell, "Sell Orders" show me at what prices I can buy, and what does the "Margin orders" table tell me?