Author Topic: voting with collateral btsx  (Read 1495 times)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I was wondering about this. Would it make sense to divide the voting power of the collateral between BitAsset holders and the short position holders (dynamically based on the current market price of the BitAsset)? I know that technically only the BTSX holders are the "shareholders" of the "company" but the reality is that more people voting for delegates means it is more difficult for an attacker to get a group of large stakeholders willing to collude in order to vote in delegates for nefarious purposes. I'm imagining a future where the vast majority of people in the system hold all of their wealth in the DAC as BitAssets (not counting any user-issued assets that represent stocks in corporations) and only a few individuals (speculators/traders) bother to hold BTSX in order to short and trade. I worry that in such a scenario the DAC would be insecure since a relatively small number of individuals would have significant control over the DAC.

Offline bytemaster

just realised that my btsx are not counted to vote when they are blocked for trading. maybe this should be changed as long as the trade is not executed.

Yes.. this will be one of the changes we will add once all of the other stability issues are addressed.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
just realised that my btsx are not counted to vote when they are blocked for trading. maybe this should be changed as long as the trade is not executed.