Author Topic: How convenient for Ripple....  (Read 16768 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

No clue.  I have no real side in this race outside innovation and well ... Bitshares wins that.  Like really ..  seriously ..  Crazy nuts we became #1 enemy to all within 1 week.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
How about you stop the us versus them mentality and focus less on vanity metrics like market capitalization and more on real value like Titan, scalability, DPOS and BitAssets.

Stop framing it in us vs them bs paradigm.  Your story would be 180 degree + output if you were on other side.

It's all in good fun, folks. Most of us believe we'll pass them again anyway...without manipulating numbers. All in good fun.

It is actually a little bit on the shady side.  Fun or not, it is an attempt to manipulate public opinion with which I personally disagree.  I am not a Ripple fan (outside of the technological aspects)...Stellar philosophically just seems to be a far better match for BitShares.

+5%

Offline fuzzy

How about you stop the us versus them mentality and focus less on vanity metrics like market capitalization and more on real value like Titan, scalability, DPOS and BitAssets.

Stop framing it in us vs them bs paradigm.  Your story would be 180 degree + output if you were on other side.

It's all in good fun, folks. Most of us believe we'll pass them again anyway...without manipulating numbers. All in good fun.

It is actually a little bit on the shady side.  Fun or not, it is an attempt to manipulate public opinion with which I personally disagree.  I am not a Ripple fan (outside of the technological aspects)...Stellar philosophically just seems to be a far better match for BitShares. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
The banter, the joking is in good fun. Yes, obviously we're playing with real money here, but we can still enjoy the ride, right?

Offline gamey

• View Profile
It isn't good fun, people put their livelihood and beyond up according to these silly crypto #s.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline lucky331

• View Profile

Lol.  Well said.  Anyway, why are we worrying about it? If it bothers us that ripple is acting this way..why not ise this as a PR move and strong reason to partner with Stellar.

yes!  i would love for bitshares and stellar to have a partnership of some sort.  would that be possible?

Offline fuzzy

Lol.  Well said.  Anyway, why are we worrying about it? If it bothers us that ripple is acting this way..why not use this as a PR move and strong reason to partner with Stellar?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:58:58 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline oco101

• View Profile
12 guys interviewing, and sub 10 second confirms... better watch out

12 guys interviewing ?? Clarify please ?
I tough  I saw that statement from a Nxt guy or I'm missing something ?

Edit : got it !!!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Grrrr, sorry thats not ripple I'm referring to.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
It doesn't matter to see them again.... as soon we know they are some rounds behind us...

+5%
That's a good one.  :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Where the hell is Adam?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
from freequant at ripple forum: 

"Coinmarketcap.com bases its market cap estimate on the number of XRPs that have been distributed and can be traded on the market. Founders share is subject to a vesting schedule and don't have the same velocity. Lumping it together with publicly distributed XRP is misleading and makes things less transparent."

source:  https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7721&sid=a371d1d441dd72fbb4b51a2329cdd5c9

So you're saying they changed the definition what they consider "released" to increased supply without dilution to manipulate coinmarketcap.com?

yes.  they only declared the founder's 20b xrp as part of the xrp's in public hands tradable in the market at any time.  which is really not. 

anyway, how embarrassing would it be if when btsx passes them again.  again, fuck RL. they never really cared for the ripple community.

Those are true financial innovations....just a different kind.
 :)

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.