Author Topic: How convenient for Ripple....  (Read 16740 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
How about you stop the us versus them mentality and focus less on vanity metrics like market capitalization and more on real value like Titan, scalability, DPOS and BitAssets.

Stop framing it in us vs them bs paradigm.  Your story would be 180 degree + output if you were on other side.

Wait, wait..  I suggested CH is on our side.. ROFL.. LOLOLOLzzzzzzzzz
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
It doesn't matter to see them again.... as soon we know they are some rounds behind us...

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:24:17 am by liondani »

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline gamey

• View Profile
How about you stop the us versus them mentality and focus less on vanity metrics like market capitalization and more on real value like Titan, scalability, DPOS and BitAssets.

Stop framing it in us vs them bs paradigm.  Your story would be 180 degree + output if you were on other side.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:16:05 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I thought it was a mistake or something. Suddenly an extra $100 million.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
from freequant at ripple forum: 

"Coinmarketcap.com bases its market cap estimate on the number of XRPs that have been distributed and can be traded on the market. Founders share is subject to a vesting schedule and don't have the same velocity. Lumping it together with publicly distributed XRP is misleading and makes things less transparent."

source:  https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7721&sid=a371d1d441dd72fbb4b51a2329cdd5c9

So you're saying they changed the definition what they consider "released" to increased supply without dilution to manipulate coinmarketcap.com?

yes.  they only declared the founder's 20b xrp as part of the xrp's in public hands tradable in the market at any time.  which is really not. 

anyway, how embarrassing would it be if btsx passes them again.  again, fuck RL. they never really cared for the ripple community.

Offline bytemaster

It is very important that people don't make this an "us vs them"... I have a lot of respect for Ripple's product and they are a valuable resource. 

At the end of the day ranking on coin market cap is just a statistic.  The fact that BTSX is in the same league as Ripple when the code is still incredibly buggy and we are patching things on the fly is amazing.   

Given the investment and infrastructure behind Ripple I was rather surprised at their small market cap.  I feel that this adjustment is a more fair estimation and by the end of the week we may well be ahead of them again.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yellowecho

Did anyone see what just happend? Ripple adjusted their total supply, leapfrogging us on coinmarketcap.com.  Strange timing, no?  That's ok, Ripple, we LOVE a challenge.  We blew past them once, we'll do it again. 

Start your engines, gentlemen (and ladies). 

b

Ripple has 99 billion tokens though and most are at headquarters.
Ripple and Bitshares should have a symbiotic relationship. There isn't any competition between the two.

Ripple offers utility in the form of Gateways and the fact that those Gateways can be regulated entities. Bitshares offers a decentralized exchange with very low barrier to entry. There is no reason for them to compete when they need each other.

+5%
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Riverhead

"Coinmarketcap.com bases its market cap estimate on the number of XRPs that have been distributed and can be traded on the market. Founders share is subject to a vesting schedule and don't have the same velocity. Lumping it together with publicly distributed XRP is misleading and makes things less transparent."

source:  https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7721&sid=a371d1d441dd72fbb4b51a2329cdd5c9

So you're saying they changed the definition what they consider "released" to increased supply without dilution to manipulate coinmarketcap.com?

Offline lucky331

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Did anyone see what just happend? Ripple adjusted their total supply, leapfrogging us on coinmarketcap.com.  Strange timing, no?  That's ok, Ripple, we LOVE a challenge.  We blew past them once, we'll do it again. 

Start your engines, gentlemen (and ladies). 

b

Ripple has 99 billion tokens though and most are at headquarters.
Ripple and Bitshares should have a symbiotic relationship. There isn't any competition between the two.

Ripple offers utility in the form of Gateways and the fact that those Gateways can be regulated entities. Bitshares offers a decentralized exchange with very low barrier to entry. There is no reason for them to compete when they need each other.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
yeah, how convenient of them indeed..

check this thread out:  https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7721

fuck RL.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I'm thinking this is a bug or something, if not resistance is futile.... they can do that so many times. Actually if it is not a bug, this is good publicity for Bitsharex. So what it will happen when we will pass up Ripple again they will have 200000000000 billions XRP ?? Lol this is fun.

no, it is legit:
https://www.ripplelabs.com/xrp-distribution/

let's not make unfair accusations

Fair enough !!! :) But the timing it is killing me ....

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
so it's just a coincidence that immediately after Dan anounced that Invictus will purchase a large amount of bitshares the price started to spike? Second where are the ags holdings? Third, charts show a cascading purchase pattern this does not require every order to come from i3 just the bootstrap to create the speculative cascade.

You'll know if the currency experiences a rapid correction. We saw this same pattern with maxcoin.

Charles, there's no reason to be testy. Are you seriously comparing Maxcoin with BTSX (rotflol)? Come on, man. Dan and team have demonstrably kicked ass. Let I3 have its day.

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
Do you think ripple will "release" more when we pass them again? :)