Author Topic: BTSX 0.4.8-a Known Issues Status Update  (Read 8318 times)

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
ok its connecting now. thanks for the response.

Offline bytemaster

In the web wallet, I'm getting "Order failed:  Assert Exception (10) short_index.order_price < market_stat->maximum_bid();" when trying to place a short at a price equal to the top bid (currently $21.00 / BTSX).

In the past, there's been some discussion on this forum about locking the price to within a certain range of delegate price feeds and/or some form of rate limiting on price changes.  I'm thinking I might be running up against some limitation like that.

But I'm not sure what limiting algorithm was actually implemented, or where the current limit is displayed.

The limiting algorithm is   average price * 10 / 9... average price gets updated every time a trade occurs...  this limits new shorts, but strait up USD vs BTSX can trade at any price.   This is a birthing problem... working to increase the average price.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

same here I can't connect to 0.4.8 a either. can I go back to 0.4.8?

There is no difference in the backend code between 0.4.8 and 4.8-a... the issue is the seed nodes limiting connection count. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline theoretical

In the web wallet, I'm getting "Order failed:  Assert Exception (10) short_index.order_price < market_stat->maximum_bid();" when trying to place a short at a price equal to the top bid (currently $21.00 / BTSX).

In the past, there's been some discussion on this forum about locking the price to within a certain range of delegate price feeds and/or some form of rate limiting on price changes.  I'm thinking I might be running up against some limitation like that.

But I'm not sure what limiting algorithm was actually implemented, or where the current limit is displayed.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline yinchanggong

• View Profile
    • 微博 引长弓Fate
Linux VPS which is running my delegate is super fine, there is about 100 connections. But WIN GUI only has 1 or 2 connections, weird.
BTSX delegate: google.helloworld    microsoft.helloworld
BTSX Account:yinchg   Manager of BTSXCHINA Charity Fund
引长弓Fate 新浪微博

Offline bytemaster

Can't connect. Opened a new VPS and only getting 1 connection and it's taking forever to catch up.

Anyone else having this issue? It was fine until I updated to 0.4.8-a

*now I am getting 4 connections.

New seed nodes are coming on line as we speak.. connections were getting full.

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
same here I can't connect to 0.4.8 a either. can I go back to 0.4.8?

Offline Riverhead

Can't connect. Opened a new VPS and only getting 1 connection and it's taking forever to catch up.

Anyone else having this issue. It was fine until I updated to 0.4.8-a

Could be you're connected to a chain server. Mine stayed like that for a while.

Ggozzo

Anyone else having this issue? It was fine until I updated to 0.4.8-a

*now I am getting 4 connections.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:09:28 am by skyscraperfarms »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
win7/ 32 bit;
All 3 after rescan.

1.Median price is 0 in the GUI

2.Below is the result of (clicking on ) transaction link in the GUI

-----------------------------
Transaction #8cda348a

Block # , transaction # , next #0
Timestamp:

Deposits
Withdraws
Fee
Net Delegate Approval Update
Operations:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

3.Right mouse button not working (again).

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:00:13 am by TheOnion »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bytemaster

1) UNKNOWN recipients in transaction history.
2) 1hr Avg Price not displayed properly in GUI
3) Sometimes nodes get stuck on a fork when a delegate double produces
4) There is still a random crash when network connections are closed (we are very close to having that one nailed down... it was quiet a rabbit hole)
5) I suspect that you may still need to run it in Win XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode
6) RPC "Key Not Found" -  this happens when you are re-syncing to the blockchain with a wallet that has newer transactions, it will clear up on its own.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:37:24 am by bytemaster »