Author Topic: BTSX 0.4.8-a Known Issues Status Update  (Read 8320 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
1) UNKNOWN recipients in transaction history.
2) 1hr Avg Price not displayed properly in GUI
3) Sometimes nodes get stuck on a fork when a delegate double produces
4) There is still a random crash when network connections are closed (we are very close to having that one nailed down... it was quiet a rabbit hole)
5) I suspect that you may still need to run it in Win XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode
6) RPC "Key Not Found" -  this happens when you are re-syncing to the blockchain with a wallet that has newer transactions, it will clear up on its own.
:'( i create a new wallet
import my privatekey of one id
rescan&wallet_rescan_blockchain is very slow
and the bill   last night i short USD @ 32BTS/USD  in market   is missing

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile
When I click on BitUSD:BTSX market it will hang.. with the three loading circles. 0.4.8 on Ubuntu.

I am having same issues. Tried git pull master, same result.

I am having the same issue in 0.4.8 and 0.4.8a

and during this long long waiting, the BitSharesX process occupied up to 6G of ram
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:35:10 am by 麥可貓 »
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
When I click on BitUSD:BTSX market it will hang.. with the three loading circles. 0.4.8 on Ubuntu.

git pull https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx.git master

thats what worked for me.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline cygnify

• View Profile

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
can not get any connections while using BTSX 0.4.8-a

network_add_node "107.170.30.182:1776"

do not work....

network_add_node "84.238.140.192:42577"

I've greatly increased max network connections.
You should be ok now.

Offline Overthetop

do not work....
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Overthetop

and get one error about: 

RPC Server Error: in method:'wallet_get_info': Key not found(6)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 06:01:15 am by Overthetop »
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline bytemaster

When I click on BitUSD:BTSX market it will hang.. with the three loading circles...

I have this problem too on Win 7 - must restart after this happens.

The 0.4.8-a release fixed this problem, if you are just using 0.4.8 then you will experience that.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
When I click on BitUSD:BTSX market it will hang.. with the three loading circles...

I have this problem too on Win 7 - must restart after this happens.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Linux VPS which is running my delegate is super fine, there is about 100 connections. But WIN GUI only has 1 or 2 connections, weird.

Yep windows gui has 1-2 connections, linux is ok...

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
When I click on BitUSD:BTSX market it will hang.. with the three loading circles. 0.4.8 on Ubuntu. Noticed it was harder to get connection count high on this version. Tried restarting, same problem.
Nothing major, just reporting.

EDIT: restarted again and 5 connections straight away.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:37:37 am by cygnify »

Offline bytemaster

The limiting algorithm is   average price * 10 / 9... average price gets updated every time a trade occurs...  this limits new shorts, but strait up USD vs BTSX can trade at any price.   This is a birthing problem... working to increase the average price.

The minimum short price should be in the GUI.  I need to take a while to think about the economic implications of this limiting scheme and possible failure modes...

The main failure mode is that LONGS have an advantage of SHORTS in this situation... however, if there are not enough longs willing to trade then the market can "freeze" with no trades occurring and the average price would be stuck.

Offline theoretical

The limiting algorithm is   average price * 10 / 9... average price gets updated every time a trade occurs...  this limits new shorts, but strait up USD vs BTSX can trade at any price.   This is a birthing problem... working to increase the average price.

The minimum short price should be in the GUI.  I need to take a while to think about the economic implications of this limiting scheme and possible failure modes...
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk