Author Topic: How college age (and younger) will make BitShares the next big success story.  (Read 7200 times)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Another thought - the younger gens have become accustomed to reading about members of their peer group becoming wealthy through various start ups.

Participation in the wealth created by these start ups has been largely limited to insiders and VC's. I know, from various conversations with GenX/Z/Millennials, that there is a general frustration with wealth creating vehicles of their generations being closed to all except a select few.

May want to look at marketing BTSX as a game-changing start-up that is open to anyone... with enough tech savvy to get in.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Look up the stats on the investment holdings of Gen X, Millenneals and Generation Z. They are holding cash/debt instruments and are under-exposed to income-generating assets.

The Boomers benefited from the 1960-2000 stock market run and are generally comfortable with investing in the stock markets.

The generations that followed have witnessed one horrible crash after another. The SP500 has not moved much since the 2000s and the volatility has been absurd. Just pull the 50 year SP500 chart.

The younger generations do not trust Wall Street with their money. Popular opinion is that Wall Street, Big Bank and Big Gov are all in bed together and conspire to funnel wealth from the general public.

But the younger generations are also highly educated and understand the need to invest in income producing assets. They just don't support the status quo and have voted with their feet.

You want a tidal wave of capital? Market bitShares to the GenX/Z/Millennials as the investment for a new generation. A technologically and morally superior alternative to Wall Street.

BTSX is not subject to the corruption of Wall Street, Big Bank, Big Gov.

You could show some slick market cap graphs and use phrases like "It's your turn."

The mobile interface is critical, but the message should not be "buy BTSX because we have cool doodads". It should be "BTSX is a profitable way to invest without trusting Wall Street/Big Bank/Big Gov with your money. We understand how you prefer to carry out business, so here are some best-of-class mobile apps to make things quick, convenient and easy."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:40:02 pm by OldMan »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I think **mobile** [wallet] and **gamification** [of the market] will be 2 large sectors to focus on with regards to the younger market.  If you can make it fun for them to learn and make money - you're in.
+5%

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I think **mobile** [wallet] and **gamification** [of the market] will be 2 large sectors to focus on with regards to the younger market.  If you can make it fun for them to learn and make money - you're in.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Having (celebrity) role models and fancy bloggers talk about Bitshares (X)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
So, I've been following a lot of great tech companies over the years and reading the stories of how they got to be so dominant in their niches.

One thing I've found in common with a significant number of them is that early on, a lot of the early adopters who drove growth were within the younger demographic (specifically college age people and younger).  This age group has immense power to create trends and drive the "cool" into brands.  I know a lot of people on this forum are in that age range. (AHEM, I alas, am not).

So my question is, how can BitShares as an idea, as a "brand" be adopted by huge numbers of this age group? How can we become the next big idea to spread through this highly tech literate tribe?  I want us to appeal to younger and younger populations, as they'll be the ones who will further innovate and soon become leaders within our own movement.   

Please share ideas on how we can focus more of our efforts on attracting the energy and power of the younger people.   I believe it's critical to making us the next big success story.

Thoughts?

College students are typically broke so unless they can mine it how will they get value into Bitshares? This is why Bitshares has to be made mineable.

I think Bitshares should target demographics who have a lot of money to invest, or build on-ramps so people who don't have a lot of money can get Bitshares through mining, watching advertisements, etc.

If you are going to target young people with money then Silicon Valley would make more sense than college.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Good ideas.

1. Need phone app.
2. 'Social' features. Messaging, Chat, Bitshares can become a huge social network rivaling Facebook.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline jae208

• View Profile
A Snapchat DAC? I have no clue about this just throwing out ideas.

Making BitsharesX 'social'
University specific user generated assets?

getting youtube celebrities to talk about BitsharesX
phillipdefranco might be a good candidate
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I'm another old guy. But what about a phone app? I teach college and my students try to do everything (from research to term papers) on their phones.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
So, I've been following a lot of great tech companies over the years and reading the stories of how they got to be so dominant in their niches.

One thing I've found in common with a significant number of them is that early on, a lot of the early adopters who drove growth were within the younger demographic (specifically college age people and younger).  This age group has immense power to create trends and drive the "cool" into brands.  I know a lot of people on this forum are in that age range. (AHEM, I alas, am not).

So my question is, how can BitShares as an idea, as a "brand" be adopted by huge numbers of this age group? How can we become the next big idea to spread through this highly tech literate tribe?  I want us to appeal to younger and younger populations, as they'll be the ones who will further innovate and soon become leaders within our own movement.   

Please share ideas on how we can focus more of our efforts on attracting the energy and power of the younger people.   I believe it's critical to making us the next big success story.

Thoughts?