Author Topic: [BitShares Imagination] How do we buy coffee at Starbucks in the future?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline skystone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: skystone
Apple start the apple-pay based on the nfc and Fingerprint now. I think we shouldn't waste too much time on this merge thing. what we need most is a smart app wallet that can reach peoples out of the IT circle.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

+5% ... I'd see we are there in 5 years ... hopefully sooner ... the tech is so AMAZING!

no idea what's behind the moon thought ;-)
5 years is extremely long period of time at the present.
This should happen within an year given current development speed.
And I'm not only referring to bitsharesX but to the whole cryptocurrency.

+5%

In fact, it applies to all of technology in general.  I would challenge everyone in the BitShares community to begin thinking exponentially; there are going to be a LOT of opportunities in the near future that others aren't going to be working on because "it's too far away."  Starting thinking abundantly, now.

Here's a primer from one of my personal inspirations, Peter Diamandis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvLFoMNzD_k

...This comes from the Exponential Finance Conference, 2014.  I know he's personally interested in crypto equities and blockchain technology. 

Offline skystone

• View Profile
The only thing that I believe that won't be possible with the above is that a starbucks coffee ONLY cost 2.50

Yes, the usd may be cheaper because of inflation in a long period, so the coffee will be more expensive.
BUT! When bitusd is accepted worldwide, the btsx will control the volume of usd, and the prize of coffee maybe pegged to 5 Bitusd. That is not mean the value of coffee is frozened, but the bitusd is produced if necessary, so the value contained in 1 bitusd is waved. 

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
[BitShares Imagination] How do we buy coffee at Starbucks in the future?

BitShares is so hot these days, but if there is no practical application, nothing will left after the bubble. I think we should avoid speculation, instead the slowly rise of btsx will attract more people to join in. If BitShares can’t develop some useful application, it might be the another altcoin. Today I would like to start a discussion, imagine btsx payment scenarios in the future.
    We assume Starbucks someday accept BitUSD as methods of payment:
    You walk into a Starbucks, ordered a cup of latte, the attendant enter the amount, then the small screen in front of the cash register shows a two-dimensional code and the price of coffee $ 2.5. You come up with iphone or iwatch, open BTSX app to scan two-dimensional code, quickly access the amount (2.5 BitUSD), the recipient address (seattle001.starbucks) and a Memo (K3L20FN32). The app also shows your current balance of BitUSD is only one dollar. So you spend 1 btsx to purchase 1.5 BitUSD and merge pay, then you press a fingerprint for payment, BTSX app check your TouchID and quickly issued a payment instruction. 0-5 seconds later, the cashier rang out "ding" sound, the attendant view the screen and found to have received 2.5bitusd,also the Memo matched. Soon, a cup of fragrant coffee will be delivered to your hands! 
    Starbucks mobile payment application is America's most widely used digital payment applications. Approximately 10 million customers in the use of this application to pay for their coffee, the monthly trading volume is more than 20 million orders. If the above Starbucks payment scheme can achieve, BitShares will be popular worldwide. Of course, we still have a lot milestones to be achieved:
    1. A stable btsx prices and successful pegged BitUSD
    2. A light mobile APP
    3. More powerful payment processing capabilities. Average 2000 Transactions per second, maybe 10,000T/s for peak time, confirmation time 5 seconds.
    If that day comes, will you still get your btsx, and what prize will it be?  ;D

The only thing that I believe that won't be possible with the above is that a starbucks coffee ONLY cost 2.50

Offline skystone

• View Profile
Only problem is having an "iPhone" or "iWatch", since probably no one will use these garbage device from Apple in the future.
Cool! The tech will change the world more and more rapidly. We human will be left behind soon.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I think a lot of third parties are already working on and delivering payment systems like this for Bitcoin.

I think with BTSX the premise is that people want the advantages of storing value in a decentralised way but not the volatility of Bitcoin. (Bitcoin also isn't very decentralised.)

If that premise is true, then more and more people will store some of their value in BitUSD, BitGold etc. As this amount gets bigger it will appeal more to retailers and third parties to interact with the BTSX customer base. Retailers will be very quick to adopt it, as with their tight margins they will really value BitAssets too. This increased utility will then attract more users and so on..

Anyway I think the development team just needs to focus on delivering a robust, decentralised (Delegates + developers) BitAsset system and the rest will build up around BTSX quickly.

Offline skystone

• View Profile
+5% ... I'd see we are there in 5 years ... hopefully sooner ... the tech is so AMAZING!

I think maybe in 2 years

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Only problem is having an "iPhone" or "iWatch", since probably no one will use these garbage device from Apple in the future.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline skystone

• View Profile
[BitShares Imagination] How do we buy coffee at Starbucks in the future?

BitShares is so hot these days, but if there is no practical application, nothing will left after the bubble. I think we should avoid speculation, instead the slowly rise of btsx will attract more people to join in. If BitShares can’t develop some useful application, it might be the another altcoin. Today I would like to start a discussion, imagine btsx payment scenarios in the future.
    We assume Starbucks someday accept BitUSD as methods of payment:
    You walk into a Starbucks, ordered a cup of latte, the attendant enter the amount, then the small screen in front of the cash register shows a two-dimensional code and the price of coffee $ 2.5. You come up with iphone or iwatch, open BTSX app to scan two-dimensional code, quickly access the amount (2.5 BitUSD), the recipient address (seattle001.starbucks) and a Memo (K3L20FN32). The app also shows your current balance of BitUSD is only one dollar. So you spend 1 btsx to purchase 1.5 BitUSD and merge pay, then you press a fingerprint for payment, BTSX app check your TouchID and quickly issued a payment instruction. 0-5 seconds later, the cashier rang out "ding" sound, the attendant view the screen and found to have received 2.5bitusd,also the Memo matched. Soon, a cup of fragrant coffee will be delivered to your hands! 
    Starbucks mobile payment application is America's most widely used digital payment applications. Approximately 10 million customers in the use of this application to pay for their coffee, the monthly trading volume is more than 20 million orders. If the above Starbucks payment scheme can achieve, BitShares will be popular worldwide. Of course, we still have a lot milestones to be achieved:
    1. A stable btsx prices and successful pegged BitUSD
    2. A light mobile APP
    3. More powerful payment processing capabilities. Average 2000 Transactions per second, maybe 10,000T/s for peak time, confirmation time 5 seconds.
    If that day comes, will you still get your btsx, and what prize will it be?  ;D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:47:55 pm by skystone »