Author Topic: The price drop is the result of somewhat important but TEMPORARY bugs  (Read 2727 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Personally I'm pretty sure the price drop is a natural correction after Bitshares' big new feature (bitassets) was finally released. People are so used to major corrections after a big, hyped up feature releases that it almost becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy to see a 50% correction. They still seem to be stuck in the world of alt-coin p&d movements...hoping to see them caught off guard when Bitshares climbs again, as soon as people realize the incredible value/possibilities being offered here.

Guess that means we should be buying up BitUSD for a while.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Methodise

Why do people act like corrections only happen in crypto.  When a market moves 1000% in one direction a correction will happen.  It doesn't matter if it's a Dow stock, a commodity, or a crypto.  All markets move in similar patterns.  BitshareX could announce that it cured cancer and it will still correct.  This is like a never ending discussion every time a crypto shoots up and down.   It's getting irritating.

Keep in mind that a lot of people in crypto are math/computer geeks first (raises hand) and this is their first exposure to markets other than the business segment on the nightly news.

I love that this tech is making people learn about financial concepts they otherwise wouldn't have spent the effort on.

Well, those are the same types of responses I get from tech guys when I ask tech questions.  Welcome to the other side.  :D

Sorry, my whole career has been in the financial markets.  I even worked for some of the big wall street firms controlled by satan himself.   :)

I'm learning stuff I never thought I would know.  If it wasn't for crypto I don't think I would ever venture into Github and other junk.

This is nice. Any fellow self-taught developers, trained economists and hobbyist horticulturalists in the house?
BTS: methodise

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Yeah, I will admit you tech guys are way smarter than we are and that's why we expect you to easily understand the business side as well.  It's true.
Nee ... we just already know some more common words :) .. just as you do for the economics side :)

I like that kind of cooperation ..

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Why do people act like corrections only happen in crypto.  When a market moves 1000% in one direction a correction will happen.  It doesn't matter if it's a Dow stock, a commodity, or a crypto.  All markets move in similar patterns.  BitshareX could announce that it cured cancer and it will still correct.  This is like a never ending discussion every time a crypto shoots up and down.   It's getting irritating.

Keep in mind that a lot of people in crypto are math/computer geeks first (raises hand) and this is their first exposure to markets other than the business segment on the nightly news.

I love that this tech is making people learn about financial concepts they otherwise wouldn't have spent the effort on.

Well, those are the same types of responses I get from tech guys when I ask tech questions.  Welcome to the other side.  :D

Sorry, my whole career has been in the financial markets.  I even worked for some of the big wall street firms controlled by satan himself.   :)

No need to apologize! I was thinking the exact same thing...this is how us tech guys feel fielding business folks questions :) . It's something that always irked me at work: It was considered "cool" for the business folks to, "not get that tech stuff hahah" yet they expected the tech guys to understand the business operations. Both business ops and IT know-how take a long long time to accumulate and to be good at both requires the level of dedication I'm frankly not willing to put in :D .

That said the business people that have been testing the client and testing various attack vectors have been insanely invaluable. A true community effort.

Yeah, I will admit you tech guys are way smarter than we are and that's why we expect you to easily understand the business side as well.  It's true.  You can learn hard core finance much quicker than I could ever learn how to code.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:31:42 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
this is interdisciplinary high tech and I am proud to be a part of it ... feels amazing :)

Offline Riverhead

No need to apologize! I was thinking the exact same thing...this is how us tech guys feel fielding business folks questions :) . It's something that always irked me at work: It was considered "cool" for the business folks to, "not get that tech stuff hahah" yet they expected the tech guys to understand the business operations. Both business ops and IT know-how take a long long time to accumulate and to be good at both requires the level of dedication I'm frankly not willing to put in :D .

That said the business people that have been testing the client and testing various attack vectors have been insanely invaluable. A true community effort.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

I'm learning stuff I never thought I would know.  If it wasn't for crypto I don't think I would ever venture into Github and other junk.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:19:28 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
+5% ... Who thought 2 years ago that we would know what shorting is now :)

Offline Riverhead

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
Personally I'm pretty sure the price drop is a natural correction after Bitshares' big new feature (bitassets) was finally released. People are so used to major corrections after a big, hyped up feature releases that it almost becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy to see a 50% correction. They still seem to be stuck in the world of alt-coin p&d movements...hoping to see them caught off guard when Bitshares climbs again, as soon as people realize the incredible value/possibilities being offered here.

My prediction is only that but I'm betting on this taking place over the next week.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile