Author Topic: ivn.us  (Read 965 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks for pointing this out ... seems to be a quite friendly site to what we are trying to achieve!

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
http://ivn.us/2014/09/05/future-voting-decentralized-cryptographically-secure

Anyone see this? Bitshares mentioned a few paragraphs in, right under the first big quotes.

A few organizations are currently working to develop such decentralized, trustless voting applications. One of these groups is Follow My Vote, a first wave organization in a set of many that will present decentralized, blockchain-based voting solutions over the next few decades.

I recently had a chance to speak with CEO and founder of Follow My Vote, Adam Ernest, and he discussed his organization’s efforts and how the software will function.

“What’s really most important in any election is who counts the votes,” he said. “In other words, those who control the ballot box, meaning the person or persons counting the votes within the ballot box and reporting the vote totals of an election, are really the ones who control the outcome; whatever they say it is, it is.”

“The only way you can truly be assured that the reported results of an election are accurate is if you actually have the opportunity to audit the ballot box and count the votes yourself. It comes down to the honesty, transparency, and trust that our system provides, which the existing voting systems can’t offer. That’s the real benefit of decentralized voting applications.”
Follow My Vote is building their decentralized and anonymous voting platform in the form of a Distributed Autonomous Corporation (DAC) that runs on the BitShares platform.

All votes are recorded into the publicly verifiable transaction ledger and every participant can track their vote and see that it was applied correctly. Votes are verified for authenticity by a group of delegates prior to being recorded in the block chain.