Author Topic: Shapeshift API into Bitshares Wallet?  (Read 7810 times)

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
May I make a suggestion....

You are looking at the wrong end of the horse.

A bitshares wallet that does X attracts about 500 eyeballs.

A bitcoin wallet that does X attracts 100,000's of eyeballs.

We need to build a bitcoin wallet.  branded as a bitcoin wallet, that allows hedging of bitcoin with no counterparty  risk.   Bitshares is never mentioned.  perhaps bitusdis mentioned, but it is certainly not front and centre.   IF we do that then we begin a stampede into bitUSD on the next bitcoin price drop.   And we dont have to pay a penny in advertising.  Coindesk, word of mouth and reddit will do all the work for us.   You won't be able to get Barry Silbert and every other pundit to shut up about how bitcoins volatility problem has been solved on CNBC.

Not one penny of advertising needed.

And the good news is it is 90% done.
bitshares lite wallet is in final testing.
shape shift API and lens code is open source and ready to use.   And I have a friend with an established bitcoin wallet that is open source. He cannot dedicate developers to doing this but is happy to pus it live in his existing wallet with thousands of users.   We are talking a month or two tops of development if someone from this community can do that.

Anyone?

This!!!! If Bitshares  is the first "smart wallet" with bitcoin and shapeshift features built in then it should booooom. Consider though that Shapeshift includes counter-party risk so it could be a weak link if the service is hacked. The final objective therefore would be shapeshift functionality managed via bitshares delegate escrow to remove counter-party risk.

As mentioned here its possible with bitshares! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13711.0

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
As great as this would be, I see the likelihood of this happening before 2017 as very slim.

You will be using it before June 30 in my opinion.
year?
Not that this date I pulled out of my ass should mean anything to anyone, but I meant this year.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
mh

i'Ve changed 0.16151565 BTC to BITUSD and got 2.3921 USD

Transaction #a1b35cc7

That not seems correct! Any ideas?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Just tried Shapeshift for the first time.

Was a bit disappointed I couldn't send more that .99 BTC to my BTS wallet. Any chance this is going to increase to more reasonable larger levels like 10 BTC?

Love the idea of it being in the wallet just because it is more convenient.. though I think it would be a better fit in the bitwallet. QTwallet feels heavy already and I would prefer not to load on top of it for only that reason.

Total transaction time for the Shapeshift from BTC send to BTS showing in my wallet btw.. 5 minutes. Not to shabby as far as BTC transactions go.

We need easier onramps for general adoption. Shapeshift only works in crypto.. but it's a great step in simplification.

+5% to simplified onramps overall!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
As great as this would be, I see the likelihood of this happening before 2017 as very slim.

year?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

BitShares Light Wallet has just begun initial alpha testing.
I didn't write that lol
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline chewchew

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

We need to build a bitcoin wallet.  branded as a bitcoin wallet, that allows hedging of bitcoin with no counterparty  risk.   Bitshares is never mentioned.  perhaps bitusdis mentioned, but it is certainly not front and centre.   IF we do that then we begin a stampede into bitUSD on the next bitcoin price drop.   And we dont have to pay a penny in advertising.  Coindesk, word of mouth and reddit will do all the work for us.   You won't be able to get Barry Silbert and every other pundit to shut up about how bitcoins volatility problem has been solved on CNBC.

shape shift API and lens code is open source and ready to use.   And I have a friend with an established bitcoin wallet that is open source. He cannot dedicate developers to doing this but is happy to pus it live in his existing wallet with thousands of users.   We are talking a month or two tops of development if someone from this community can do that.

Anyone?

This is an insane(ly brilliant) Trojan Horse idea. BitAssets and this wallet could be branded entirely within the Bitcoin ecosystem. And it solves a problem for them of volatility, hedging risk, etc., without anyone uttering the word BitShares.

Offline vikram

BitShares Light Wallet has just begun initial alpha testing.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Anyone?

This should have some priority once the v1.0 is released  +5% it would be a great step
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

sumantso

There is no lack of suggestions around these parts. Problem is getting it done as the core members are busy.

Need an integrated wallet which uses only BitBTC along with BTC.

Hedging btc by using bitBTC and the 5% yield is not going to be particularly important when it swings that much daily it seems.  So what are your thoughts on  the value here ?

Its a stealth attack. We want to put it into the heads that BitBTC is interchangeable with BTC, and with the advantages it provides (speed, yield, anonymity) might capture a part of the BTC use.

BTS came in a direct competitor, made the Bitcoin community angry and defensive. BitUSD aims for a slightly different userbase, and also has a higher barrier to entry as a lot of infrastructure is needed in place. BitBTC, on the other hand can be marketed as something which makes using BTC easier, and the target would be a community who are not that finicky about user experience and would be willing to meet half way.

The bot would need to sell the thing you send it and then buy BTS on an exchange, and then send it to you.  If you were doing an order of reasonable size there would be slippage.

Thats the main issue. If we have an option for converting BTC <-> BitBTC like it currently exists with CNY <-> BitCNY, we can have light wallets with BTc and BitBTC options with seamless in-wallet exchange option. If we can have that it would be a good way to have the BTC users getting into our ecosystem.

Good work!

Speaking as a non-technical person, is it possible to have a similar service for BitBTC/BTC directly, and integrate it in a wallet where users can go from BTC to BitBTC and back seamlessly?

No, not without a built in spread.  This would put exchange risk on the gateway.

Any way around this? Is that kind of wallet even being considered? It would have helped pitch BitBTC to BTCtalk users and then draw them in the ecosystem.

What about a service similar to BitCNY/CNY (where they maintain the peg)? Sorry if these all sound stupid, I don't understand the mechanisms well enough.

The dream is now close with monsterer's gateway.

I hope to see a light BTC wallet which has the option of switching to BitBTC and back (with a displayed fee which covers any spread and gateway fees). That is something we can tempt the Bitcoin folks with :)

Thankfully I think BM is interested in getting one done as soon as light wallets are in play.

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
Hey guys I have an iphone and android game app coming out in a week or so, and I'd like to be to tip users like the Sarutobi game but with BitGold or other assets. I just need someone to code this for me, do you think I should offer a bounty? Or wait for more liquidty to come to the BitAsset markets?
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline yellowecho

Anyone?

+5 !  This is exactly what's needed. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
...I feel like we have trouble implementing all of our good ideas. They just seem to float around, but little gets done, likely because of lack of qualified devs. Maybe we should have a delegate whose job it is to identify features the community wants, find and organize devs to do it, and manage their progress.

Agreed. We seem to have ideas up the ying yang, but very few seem to make it past the "great idea!" stage...lol