Author Topic: This is weird  (Read 2874 times)

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
For how complex and unprecedented this product is I'm blown away by just how well things are going. Big props to the devs.

the dev team owns and i absolutely love how they take the time to tell us whats going on behind the scenes  +5%

Offline Riverhead

Yep... Devs are working around the clock on little things like this. :)

For how complex and unprecedented this product is I'm blown away by just how well things are going. Big props to the devs.

Offline Bitcoin3D

• Follow me: https://twitter.com/Bitcoin3D
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcoin3d
Thanks everyone  :)
Bitcoin address: 19uYMBnPFsho8HDKMedtHP4gLgjoD1q34F

Offline bytemaster

Also do you know if there is anywhere in the BitsharesX client where you can see what the actuall version is? I can not find it. Now I know what version I have since I have the old .exe but if I didn't have it I wouldn't know.

as far as i know, the only way to check what software version you are currently using within the BitShares GUI is to go to Console and type "get_info", a few lines down you should see: 

"client_version": "0.4.8" or something similar

to devs: it might prove helpful to users if client version information was added to the GUI without needing to use the console.. maybe in the Help -> About section? just a thought (:

Yep... Devs are working around the clock on little things like this. :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
Also do you know if there is anywhere in the BitsharesX client where you can see what the actuall version is? I can not find it. Now I know what version I have since I have the old .exe but if I didn't have it I wouldn't know.

as far as i know, the only way to check what software version you are currently using within the BitShares GUI is to go to Console and type "get_info", a few lines down you should see: 

"client_version": "0.4.8" or something similar

to devs: it might prove helpful to users if client version information was added to the GUI without needing to use the console.. maybe in the Help -> About section? just a thought (:

edit: DOH, beaten to it by the captain - didn't realize "info" returned the same information as "get_info", good to know

Offline bytemaster

Console: "info"
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Bitcoin3D

• View Profile

Offline Bitcoin3D

• View Profile
Do you need to uninstall the old client before updating or can you just install over the older version and your wallet will be intact?

The BitSharesX app data such as chain, wallet file, and other databases are stored in user specific app data folders, separate from the wallet application itself. I believe this is in the current user's AppData folder on Windows; on OS X it is in Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/BitShares X.

Thanks. I use windows. Its in %Appdata% for us to. Ill make a back up just for safety then. Ofcours I also have a .json wallet file exported.

Offline robrigo

Do you need to uninstall the old client before updating or can you just install over the older version and your wallet will be intact?

The BitSharesX app data such as chain, wallet file, and other databases are stored in user specific app data folders, separate from the wallet application itself. I believe this is in the current user's AppData folder on Windows; on OS X it is in Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/BitShares X.

Offline Riverhead

Installing over the old one has worked well for me. I usually still make a copy of the wallets directory just in case.

Offline Bitcoin3D

• View Profile

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Thanks guys for the quick answers. I've done as instructed and it is indeed working fine again. Thanks again
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
newest version is 0.4.8 ... you MUST use that version as we had to hardfork the blockchain .. old wallets will be stuck:
https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases

Offline robrigo

You can safely update to 0.4.8a without losing your wallet. Updating the client doesn't overwrite your wallet files. The reason it stopped syncing is most likely due to a hard fork in one of the newer clients.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Just imported my PTS wallet but not sure if this was the cause because that seem to go well (received genesis block rewards)

However the following two problems arose:

• It doesn't process further then block 322981
  • I try to export my wallet but receive the message 'This program stopped working' and quits

I have exported my wallet before so that wont be a major issue to me but I'm not sure if I update
to the newest version (now running 0.4.4) I will lose my genesis block rewards? Cause that would
be a major problem for me.

Kind regards,
Mark

DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news