Author Topic: PTS Stolen ( and i've never been hacked before ).  (Read 16490 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Re: PTS Hacked ( and i've never been hacked before ).
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 09:39:17 pm »
literally impossible to say what happened.

invictus server *could* be compromised. we have no way to check the pre-compiled wallets, for some reason they think it's not necessary to sign their releases.

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
Re: PTS Hacked ( and i've never been hacked before ).
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:36:09 pm »
Please post the TX that seem to have resulted from a hack.  How long from the TX to your discovering?  Is your computer acting strangely in any other way, have you run a virus scan, etc?  Did you have a firewall up?

As much detail as you can give will help us figure out if there is anything actually wrong or if you just got unlucky.  Did you tell ANYONE that you had PTS on your computer?
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline simplydt

• View Profile
PTS Stolen ( and i've never been hacked before ).
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:30:40 pm »
I've been trading bitcoins for 8 months and i've never been hacked before.

Third day doing PTS and I've got hacked. I've lost 200 PTS at least.

Just a heads up for people to be careful and take that extra step. You don't want to be out of the PTS game too as I now am.

How it happened:

Either my protoshares-qt.exe on ubuntu or my windows virtual machine was compromised. My wallet was not encrypted ( i wish it was... newb mistake?). Still, not quite sure how it happened, as even if my wallet wasnt encrypted, they had to have my secret or access to my computer. Meh, whatever.

Here is transaction proof of my wallets being emptied:
http://btsblock.com/address/PmCfLvBSXFE4VdLoD4QB7DG2qTMgFqB7AH
http://btsblock.com/address/Psw4cKr9HWXikT6Q2d7WggMEBL87yQ6bVt

If anybody knows the hacker and wants to convince him to be a good guy and give me back my coins, that would be cool. :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:00:07 pm by bytemaster »