Author Topic: BTSX USD quote  (Read 3138 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
You can get pretty cheap BitUSD here as well:

https://bter.com/trade/btc_bitusd

Currently going for 1 BTC gives you $600 BitUSD.

jakub

You can always flip the quotes using this little icon with circling arrows on the right.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
As long as you don't want to short you can buy and sell at the price of BTSX denominated in dollars by clicking the little circle arrows just to the right of the BitUSD : BTSX  at the top of the USD market page.

wow,cool!!  +5%

Well, turns out that this is maybe more confusing.  Doesn't seem to display what I thought it did....so I guess I agree with OP.

It should be...
First when people go to the store they see prices in $currency/KG(lb)... not 2.14 kg(lb) of tomatoes for 1$, 0.023 bottles of wine for 1 CNY etc...
Second usually it maters through how many digits you have to go to gather the necessary info - in the 0.04783 case you have to go through at least  3 additional symbols...

Just my take on it.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline GaltReport

As long as you don't want to short you can buy and sell at the price of BTSX denominated in dollars by clicking the little circle arrows just to the right of the BitUSD : BTSX  at the top of the USD market page.

wow,cool!!  +5%

Well, turns out that this is maybe more confusing.  Doesn't seem to display what I thought it did....so I guess I agree with OP.

Offline theoretical

It may be only me but I find that the quote BTSX BITUSD of 23 instead of bitusd BTSX 0.043478 is very confusing...

I am used to see the prices from coinmarketcap or take the BTC price on the exchanges and multiply it by the BTCUSD price. Now I have to divide things and think the opposite way...

Is there a possibility we may change this? Do others feel the same way or it is just me?

I find the .04 way confusing.  Since the early days of this forum, we've talked as if BTSX is "real money" and BitUSD is an "asset."
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Interesting discussion...surprising also...

I guess I am the weird one then...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline GaltReport

wow,cool!!  +5%

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
That was my first impression also, but then I realized that 23 is very helpful when you're thinking about going long or short. You go short when you think the price is going down, long when the price is going up - which would be backwards if we used 0.04. It really needs to be 23.

However, I do think we need to display the implied USD/BTSX price somewhere on the screen. I think both representations should always be displayed, despite the redundancy.
+5%

Its important to remember that we will be trading multiple assets on this exchange.  As such it only makes sense to show them denominated in BTSX.  I like the idea of showing both, but that may become confusing at certain ratios.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
That was my first impression also, but then I realized that 23 is very helpful when you're thinking about going long or short. You go short when you think the price is going down, long when the price is going up - which would be backwards if we used 0.04. It really needs to be 23.

However, I do think we need to display the implied USD/BTSX price somewhere on the screen. I think both representations should always be displayed, despite the redundancy.

See? Interface bug #1. This is something you need to fix Cass.
The interface should include both ways of seeing things so people aren't confused.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

+5% +5% I haven't seen that...nice...

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

Offline GaltReport

ah, that is a good point as well.

Offline GaltReport

It may be only me but I find that the quote BTSX BITUSD of 23 instead of bitusd BTSX 0.043478 is very confusing...

I am used to see the prices from coinmarketcap or take the BTC price on the exchanges and multiply it by the BTCUSD price. Now I have to divide things and think the opposite way...

Is there a possibility we may change this? Do others feel the same way or it is just me?

Just thinking the same thing.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
Yep your way would be easier.