Author Topic: Market Volume  (Read 1841 times)

Offline soniq

• View Profile
I am wondering how to check the market volume of BTSX/bitUSD each day. It seems that most of the BTSX trade are still happening on exchanges, not in our internal market. This is not a good signal.

It means the user interface needs massive improvements, it means Bitshares X has to be a competitive exchange experience, it means people need to be shown how to use it.

I tried to warn about this. No one was taught how to short BitUSD or when to dump into it. The interface should tell us this stuff. Also the centralized exchanges need to be better too and can offer features such as their own mobile apps that signal to the user when its time to short or dump. Ultimately we'll have to start relying on bots and when those bots start making people like us plenty of money that is when people will want to change their minds.

So we have a bit of work to do. If a video can explain how I can go about interacting with the Bitshares API I'll write a bot myself. I would need to know the market mechanics though and that is a mystery to me somewhat as much as everyone else even though I make money from it.

So here are my suggested improvements:

1) Better usability/user interface signalling.
2) Automated trading via a scripting mechanism that anyone can write for within the client itself.  Maybe even let us input scripting from a console area and then let that run while we sleep. I would tell my script to buy BitUSD the moment the price drops in a way which signals some dumping is starting to occur and then sell the BitUSD back once the price is rising.

Agreed, I would love nothing better than to speculate on BTSX and its varying assets, but  do not want to risk losing money on making simple mistakes
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I am wondering how to check the market volume of BTSX/bitUSD each day. It seems that most of the BTSX trade are still happening on exchanges, not in our internal market. This is not a good signal.

It means the user interface needs massive improvements, it means Bitshares X has to be a competitive exchange experience, it means people need to be shown how to use it.

I tried to warn about this. No one was taught how to short BitUSD or when to dump into it. The interface should tell us this stuff. Also the centralized exchanges need to be better too and can offer features such as their own mobile apps that signal to the user when its time to short or dump. Ultimately we'll have to start relying on bots and when those bots start making people like us plenty of money that is when people will want to change their minds.

So we have a bit of work to do. If a video can explain how I can go about interacting with the Bitshares API I'll write a bot myself. I would need to know the market mechanics though and that is a mystery to me somewhat as much as everyone else even though I make money from it.

So here are my suggested improvements:

1) Better usability/user interface signalling.
2) Automated trading via a scripting mechanism that anyone can write for within the client itself.  Maybe even let us input scripting from a console area and then let that run while we sleep. I would tell my script to buy BitUSD the moment the price drops in a way which signals some dumping is starting to occur and then sell the BitUSD back once the price is rising.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:25:31 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

The client still has some usability issues to iron out. As it improves I am betting people will rather the security of trading while keeping their funds in their wallet. I guess we'll find out :).

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont