Author Topic: Here is why I think BTSX will go down to $0.025 and then up above $1.00  (Read 18604 times)

Offline Riverhead

Ya, you can sell coins to yourself but you'd get killed by transaction fees doing it for very long.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:40:29 pm by Riverhead »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
normal yes, but i thought crazy buying hype was some 10 days ago, and crazy profit taking was some 5 days ago... so i expected the daily volume to stabilize around 200K since the price was hovering at current levels for a few days now.... But the volume kept high, so I was wondering about the timing for this reduction. whatever. one can probably artificially increase the volume shown just by churning BTSX holdings on some exchanges via a bot, no?

It was also extended weekend - holiday in the US.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
normal yes, but i thought crazy buying hype was some 10 days ago, and crazy profit taking was some 5 days ago... so i expected the daily volume to stabilize around 200K since the price was hovering at current levels for a few days now.... But the volume kept high, so I was wondering about the timing for this reduction. whatever. one can probably artificially increase the volume shown just by churning BTSX holdings on some exchanges via a bot, no?
Trading usually costs fee .. unless you have too much money trade back and forth like crazy doesn't make too much sense

Offline kisa

• View Profile
Well, crazy hype is over, is that not normal in your mind?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Well, crazy hype is over, is that not normal in your mind?

Offline kisa

• View Profile
guys any thoughts why BTSX had stable $1.5m+ daily volume over the last week, falling now so rapidly to below 0.5m?
- was there any attempt to keep the volume artificially high last week? or is it rather temporary drop now?

We don't want just a weather forecast! We want to know HOW it works and WHY it rained yesterday but not today! :)

ok then let me correct myself in asking - any clues on specific causes for the volume dropping so rapidly today?

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
guys any thoughts why BTSX had stable $1.5m+ daily volume over the last week, falling now so rapidly to below 0.5m?
- was there any attempt to keep the volume artificially high last week? or is it rather temporary drop now?

We don't want just a weather forecast! We want to know HOW it works and WHY it rained yesterday but not today! :)

Offline kisa

• View Profile

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

I might re-enter at these levels, I expect it to go down.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
just to be clear  .. I3 will not solve any (except scalability and stability) of these problems .. they build the technologie and the toolkit ..

DACSunlimited will have to sol e the above issues ..

And you think of the things I listed only scalability and stability is technology? What about the scripting of derivative assets?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
just to be clear  .. I3 will not solve any (except scalability and stability) of these problems .. they build the technologie and the toolkit ..

DACSunlimited will have to sol e the above issues ..

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
You're assuming all the number and charts are real.
But think about MTGOX. They have charts too ,after they lost tons of BTC and USD,still trading like normal until ...Boom...

They ARE real. Yes, there are risks with centralized exchanges. But once BTSX starts trading again you have DOM there as well.

Feel free to start a separate thread discussing risks of BTER.

:P can we go to 1 USD this year ?

No. In fact, going to $1 is a target only if the following assumptions hold true:

- There is no competetive product that takes over market share.
- There is no regulatory pressure blocking regular businesses from using the technology.
- There is good growth in developers in the ecosystem.
- There is a solid adoption
- There is scripting allowing for creation of complex derivative assets. In fact I think BitUSD should have been implemented this way.
- There is a solid build within few months that NEVER crashes.
- There is a scalable blockchain that can handle NASDAQ like order flow.

So yeah, you will not find a 100% secure investment that gives you 10,000% return in less than a year. Come on, be real.

I have doubts I3 can solve all of these problems on their own, however as the ecosystem grows, the demand may bring talent to help solve them.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
You're assuming all the number and charts are real.
But think about MTGOX. They have charts too ,after they lost tons of BTC and USD,still trading like normal until ...Boom...

They ARE real. Yes, there are risks with centralized exchanges. But once BTSX starts trading again you have DOM there as well.

Feel free to start a separate thread discussing risks of BTER.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Yea I've been following it. Bter just seems to follow whatever btc38 does however, so that DOM indicator isn't all that important I feel; Unless I'm missing something?

That DOM represents the exact liquidity that is on BTER itself. You can see the buy/sell walls. You kidding me? You don't get such transparency in any of the regular exchanges, even in FOREX.