Author Topic: Please perform a solid testing before releasing every new software version!  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Thiball

• View Profile
+1

I can not connect right now. This is embarrasing...
BTSX : thiball

Offline joele

• View Profile

The only way you can find real bugs is to release it.
as a software developer I can not agree with that statement. i think it should be possible to do very good integration tests automaticialy with unit testing and a proper test network/chain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean beta release

Offline bytemaster

Our plan is to move toward "beta release" prior to "real release" for the brave soles who want to try it out.   The rapid releases this past week are not how we plan to operate long term but more about getting critical fixes out.

We are being slower on the next release while we fix bugs and test.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile

as a software developer I can not agree with that statement. i think it should be possible to do very good integration tests automaticialy with unit testing and a proper test network/chain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline joele

• View Profile

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Test/Release cycle is a must. However, I'm sure Bitcoin-Qt was flaky in the beginning as well.

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile
As BTSX is #4 (arguably #3) on coinmarketcap it grabs everyone's attention, so people not knowing too much about the system want in, seeing a big increase in value for a couple of days (at least some time ago).

Those people download wallets and buy BTSX on markets.
For some time they are happy, but later, they start up their client and see no connections to the network - it happend just after starting market functionality.
What those people do? Most of them perform panic-sell, maybe some go to the forum, to check what is going on.

Not all of them know that current BitSharesX release cycle is very chaotic, and most likely after releasing another client version one should expect a hotfix few hours later, because software was not tested enough, to make sure it's release ready.

Only a handful of people know that, and the vast majority doesn't (People from China are the big market players and only very little of them use this forum).

You need to make sure new software releases are made available to wide public in fixed periods of time, and that those releases are tested on every platform they're supposed to work on.

Now some people may think that I3/DSL are not sound companies and manipulate the markets for their own use.

Why? Because one might think, that releasing a buggy software, that doesn't even run was not accidantal, but was made on purpose: those who knew this, expected the price to fall, and adjusted their market positions accordingly, watching BTSX price falling with smile on their face.

For those players this is good in short term, but not for all the others, and if this keeps going like that, it can end with only few stay in the sandbox with noone else left to play with speciously tools.

Verify your software before releasing it, otherwise you can not bring serious investors' money in, as they tend to partner with reliable people!
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true