Author Topic: Please perform a solid testing before releasing every new software version!  (Read 4402 times)

Offline Riverhead

Now that 0.4.9-a has got itself sorted on my laptop it's been rock solid. Which is a mixed blessing because I am becoming addicted to day trading on the platform haha. It would probably be safer if I knew WTF I was doing  :o

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
fugure versions will ask you to update on launch if you find a newer version

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile
Is it possible to have a notification in status bar saying: "Not connected to the network, please chack for updated client at: <LINK>"
when no connections available?
Or better have a simple update notification that with every client startup it checks if there is a new version available to download.

If it is not possible to submit changes and have backward compatibility of the network, I think this could decrease the BTSX price falling ratio.
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline joele

• View Profile
I think 3I need to recruit more Window programmers, especially GUI coder. Because it seems linux version is quite stable, but most of the bugs are from WIN, unfortunately, most of the users are WIN users. Win sucks, but more popular.

Mac GUI wallet has not crashed on me and I use it every day.

My 0.4.8-b Windows GUI hasn't crashed on me and I've been doing a fair amount of day trading.

Is there a 0.4.8-b Windows GUI exe? It's not on DAC Sun or bitshares-x.info. I haven't been able to get 0.4.8-a to work without crashing on two separate computers.

Try make it backwards compatible with windows xp service pack 3.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7402.msg98644#msg98644

Offline Riverhead

Is there a 0.4.8-b Windows GUI exe? It's not on DAC Sun or bitshares-x.info. I haven't been able to get 0.4.8-a to work without crashing on two separate computers.

Guess they haven't officially released it yet but I've been using it all day on Win7 without a single issue.

https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I think 3I need to recruit more Window programmers, especially GUI coder. Because it seems linux version is quite stable, but most of the bugs are from WIN, unfortunately, most of the users are WIN users. Win sucks, but more popular.

My 0.4.8-b Windows GUI hasn't crashed on me and I've been doing a fair amount of day trading.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Riverhead

The nature of new software being released is that you cannot test all environments prior to launch, especially "crashes".

Which is why I support this open "beta". There were dry runs but no one hits them as hard as when it's the real deal.

Offline bytemaster

The nature of new software being released is that you cannot test all environments prior to launch, especially "crashes".

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

same to me! Working stable!

Maybe other wallets/devices could cause a crash. (example - on OSX 10.4.8 ) I had problems with Trezor/BTSX wallet if Trezor is plugged at same time i tried to open my BTSX wallet.

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Riverhead

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Riverhead

+1

I can not connect right now. This is embarrasing...
For who? I'd much rather assist with ironing out these issues than have the product delayed another six months 8).

Having the community hammering away at it is an effective way to ferret out issues from a large cross section of users and geographies.