Author Topic: Why the certificate system is broken  (Read 2592 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
There are different sales models for the different namespaces, for one. The .p2p namespace is a first attempt at having the network do price discovery for names.  The project will also focus much more on actual usability, promoting the KeyID namespace for safe logins as a way to get network effect to make the domains valuable. DPOS lets us utilize the income form name sales to build out the infrastructure we'll need.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cryptosile

• View Profile
I put together this video to help explain why the certificate system is broken.  I thought it would be of interest to this community for explaining to others why bitshares DNS is important.

Here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LEru8wyGJw

I'm currently working on the follow up that talks about namecoin and bitshares.  Honestly I haven't looked into bitshares Namespaces, but what makes it different/better namecoin?  besides POW/DPOS.