Author Topic: Only 19 delegates posted feed for bitBTC so far!  (Read 2429 times)

Offline yellowecho

I'm going to wait a day or two for delegates to get 4.9 working fine and start posting feeds for BitCNY and bitBTC but if delegates start slacking I may have to bring down my downvote hammer.   :P  Feels good knowing I can vote out weak links and vote in strong ones   8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
No offense, but I strongly suggest not launching new markets until we have a solid wallet.

If users demand new markets then launch. How are we supposed to maintain pegs and learn if we don't have markets like BitBTC at least? We need to be able to trade BitBTC <-> BitUSD above all else.

Most people don't even think in USD which might be part of what is wrong.

Lots of delegates are missing blocks. Users are suffering all kinds of weird issues. Developers are releasing new wallets every one or two days........ :-[

Anyway, if you guys have published the price feed or going to do so, please keep updating it. There is a python program that will help you do it automatically. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7787.msg103061#msg103061

Offline svk

I've added an asset overview to my website, you can see the number of feeds published for all assets as well as the average feed price. There are 20 feeds now for bitBTC, average price 0.0001 BTC/BTSX. I should increase the number of units for that BTC price actually, will do it after lunch..

I haven't found the time to checkout the new wallet interface nor play around with bitUSD, can someone please tell me what the units are for the BID and ASK depth? Base unit (BTSX) or asset unit (USD, CNY etc)?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline spartako

• View Profile
spartako,spartako1,spartako2 BTC feed updated
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
No offense, but I strongly suggest not launching new markets until we have a solid wallet.

If users demand new markets then launch. How are we supposed to maintain pegs and learn if we don't have markets like BitBTC at least? We need to be able to trade BitBTC <-> BitUSD above all else.

BitBTC <-> BitUSD  +5% !!

Offline Riverhead

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
hm .. on the other thread you ask for price feeds for CNY!?

Not exactly, several hours ago I saw there were 46 delegates had published the price feed but not updated in time, some price were far different from the exchanges (bter, btc38). If we reached 51 delegates in that case, the median price for launching market may not be accurate. So I reminded them of that.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
hm .. on the other thread you ask for price feeds for CNY!?

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:49:01 am by heyD »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
after upgrading to 0.4.9 and confirm that everything is running smoothly then I will update my published feed prizes, just fFYI  ;)

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
This is the one market I'm really waiting for! :)

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
 +5%

Most of the published price feeds are over 24 hours old and will likely need to updated before can be used.

Code: [Select]
>>> blockchain_get_feeds_from_delegate bitcoiners
[{
    "delegate_name": "bitcoiners",
    "price": 7.4999999999999993e-05,
    "last_update": "20140828T073250",
    "asset_symbol": "BTC",
    "median_price": null
  }
]

>>> approve bitcoiners

Ggozzo