Author Topic: Brian Page's discussion on Beyond Bitcoin Show last Friday.  (Read 2727 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Thanks guys!

It's been challenging at times. I was just talking to Toast about this today in fact.  It was very difficult early on to do marketing when there is no product or service to market!  Just an idea.  Now that we have something, we're off to the races.

I lose sleep (for real) a lot of nights, with excitement about what we're working on behind the scenes here...not just me but my incredibly capable team and all of you who are working on your own pet marketing projects (thank you-you know who you are).

With that being said, be patient with me as sometimes I've made slight technical errors in the way I describe things in my interviews and talks.  Most people would hardly notice except for those who really understand how all this works. Bytemaster is quick to gently correct anything that I may have stated inaccurately and I'm quick to adjust my pitch moving forward. I often use a LOT of analogies, stories and generalizations to get the ideas across to the masses. 

This whole journey with BitShares is like designing a car.  I may know nothing about fuel injection, calculating cornering loads or how the chassis bolts together, but I do know how to make people desire one and understand what it can do for them. Because after all, most people really just want to know that when they step on the gas, they're going to go somewhere and look good in the process.   

I'm not going to rest until the world has heard about BitShares, they're talking about BitShares around the dinner table, and they're downloading and using our technology in their everyday life.  It's a tall order, for sure....audacious.  But we will make the world want it because we believe the world NEEDS it. 

Onward and upward!
B

+1 +1 In one post I said you lacked passion for Bitshares. I was obviously wrong :) !!! 

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Thanks guys!

It's been challenging at times. I was just talking to Toast about this today in fact.  It was very difficult early on to do marketing when there is no product or service to market!  Just an idea.  Now that we have something, we're off to the races.

I lose sleep (for real) a lot of nights, with excitement about what we're working on behind the scenes here...not just me but my incredibly capable team and all of you who are working on your own pet marketing projects (thank you-you know who you are).

With that being said, be patient with me as sometimes I've made slight technical errors in the way I describe things in my interviews and talks.  Most people would hardly notice except for those who really understand how all this works. Bytemaster is quick to gently correct anything that I may have stated inaccurately and I'm quick to adjust my pitch moving forward. I often use a LOT of analogies, stories and generalizations to get the ideas across to the masses. 

This whole journey with BitShares is like designing a car.  I may know nothing about fuel injection, calculating cornering loads or how the chassis bolts together, but I do know how to make people desire one and understand what it can do for them. Because after all, most people really just want to know that when they step on the gas, they're going to go somewhere and look good in the process.   

I'm not going to rest until the world has heard about BitShares, they're talking about BitShares around the dinner table, and they're downloading and using our technology in their everyday life.  It's a tall order, for sure....audacious.  But we will make the world want it because we believe the world NEEDS it. 

Onward and upward!
B

Offline GaltReport

+5% Great interview!

I don't think Brian was ideal for marketing BitShares within the alt-coin demographic early on, but now that it's getting to the stage where it can go mainstream, especially after listening to that interview, I think you'd struggle to find someone better. Very exciting!

What impressed me was the realization, correct in my view, that it's time to reach out beyond just typical crypto marketing techniques and learning from and using top of the shelf internet marketing folks.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
 +5% Great interview!

I don't think Brian was ideal for marketing BitShares within the alt-coin demographic early on, but now that it's getting to the stage where it can go mainstream, especially after listening to that interview, I think you'd struggle to find someone better. Very exciting!

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Started listening to this and I'm quite encouraged!  I believe they are on the right track, have a good plan and will do some great things!!  I highly recommend everyone listen to this.

Yep Brian had a very hard job before marketing a product that didn't exist and was in flux.

Listening to him now it really looks like he has a decent plan and is executing it.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline GaltReport

Started listening to this and I'm quite encouraged!  I believe they are on the right track, have a good plan and will do some great things!!  I highly recommend everyone listen to this.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
basically he officially reveals the plans for a trading software! It'll not just be a 'wallet' in future .. it'll be a whole market ;-)

goosebump

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
basically he officially reveals the plans for a trading software! It'll not just be a 'wallet' in future .. it'll be a whole market ;-)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/brian-page-8-27-2014

Brian Page gives a nice discussion about what he is working on.  Definitely worth listening if you want to get away from Dan and our beloved techno-babble.   It is great to hear the other side.  :)  Lets see what the Bitshares funding model has opened up for us.

Brian has a definite plan and has made some key connections to to see the plan in motion.