Author Topic: Here we go again....4.9 version not working....  (Read 21272 times)

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

All issues have been resolved with my vault from 0.4.10

Great work to the dev team!

Offline James212

• View Profile
Mac crashes though.

It would really help if you could provide a stack trace from the crash reporter:

On the OSX Terminal:
Code: [Select]
defaults write com.apple.CrashReporter DialogType Developer

Still having issues with mac (crashed again while re-syncing block chain).  Can someone walk me step by step what I need to access a stack trace? (i.e. I'm not a dev, like not even kind of close)

Check this thread reply #113, hopefully this solution will work for you:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7999.msg106009#msg106009
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

General Question: If my balances have yet to be corrected, should I refrain from making any transactions to further complicate things in my wallet?

Any transactions you make will be relative to the balances already known and will not affect balances that are unknown.   With 0.4.10 you should be able to recover all balances belonging to you.

Great!  Downloading 0.4.10 now and will confirm. 

Offline bytemaster

General Question: If my balances have yet to be corrected, should I refrain from making any transactions to further complicate things in my wallet?

Any transactions you make will be relative to the balances already known and will not affect balances that are unknown.   With 0.4.10 you should be able to recover all balances belonging to you.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Sorry, if there is separate thread for 0.4.9.b.

0.4.9. was just not syncing on win 7.
0.4.9-b is crashing like crazy.(first version that does it on my system). Not just crashing but obviously not closing all the processes, as I could not restart without a re-boot.
Sent all the reports I can bare to withstand. Hope they help.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline cike

• View Profile
0.4.8 - b on the margin of return amount, I can't find it on the 0.4.9
BTS:cike

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Mac crashes though.

It would really help if you could provide a strack trace from the crash reporter:

On the OSX Terminal:

BM - let me know if this is what you're looking for
Process:         BitSharesX [48656]
Path:            /Applications/BitSharesX 0.4.9.app/Contents/MacOS/BitSharesX
Identifier:      org.bitshares.btsx
Version:         .. (..)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [371]
Responsible:     BitSharesX [48656]
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2014-08-28 19:45:19.195 -0400
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
Report Version:  11
Anonymous UUID:  AF344F7C-B3F6-3789-440C-0799A13448F7

Sleep/Wake UUID: 41812ABC-D275-457D-810C-E646104676E9

Crashed Thread:  5

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0xfffffffffffffd40

Here's what's going on for me:

I've been able to get stable versions of the client running on both a windows machine and a mac machine without importing a wallet backup.  If I upload my latest manual backup (which is from 8.26) and rescan the block chain, my balance are over 50% less than what they should be.

This is where it gets interesting, my last transaction was yesterday (8.27) at 4:46:28 PM EDT I did not get the chance to do a manual backup at this point.  The reason I know this is when I retain the "default" folder in its current location and launch via "reset database".  I can see all my transaction up to the point in which the client began crashing for me while the blockchain is syncing.  I was even able to pull screenshots of everything to see all the transactions that were made.  I'm able to get all the blocks synced and up to date (only by removing the default folder and letting the blockchain catch up); once I re-insert the "default" folder and rescan the transactions, the wallet crashes.

Now, I understand this isn't what you're supposed to do and I didn't realize until after I mentioned it and BM said not too... I was running the same wallet on multiple machines and doing market trades with multiple accounts within the wallet.  I think this may have something to do with what's going on. 

My questions is: what information do I need in order to "unwind" all those transactions and get it back to where I believe it to be correct.  I also may have had some open orders, but I'm not certain.

TLDR; Balances way off with manual backup; client crashes with [as close to] "correct balance" [as I can tell] with 'default' backup.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:23:58 am by G1ng3rBr34dM4n »

Ggozzo

Going to try a new VPS and not import wallet or key until it syncs.

Ggozzo

Tried that multiple times. I'll get a 8 connections and get about half the blockchain, then it stops and I get no connections.

Offline yiminh

• View Profile
Finally got 0.4.9a synced and working.  It was slow but it worked.  Best not to touch it whilst it's syncing!!

I'm now able to use it as intended.

How? When I let mine run, it crashes and asks me to send a report. I can't even get to any of my funds at this moment. Doesn't matter where I try, it just fails on VPS or at home.
What seems to have helped in most cases is this:
remove all files except the wallet, let it sync and rebuild the whole database blockchain from scratch (it takes a while) and when the sync is finished do a rescan (wallet_rescan_blockchain)

Tried that, still a bunch of UNKNOWNs:( I covered one of my large short order in servral smaller chunks prior to 0.4.8, which was not allowed anymore, will that be the problem?

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Mac crashes though.

It would really help if you could provide a stack trace from the crash reporter:

On the OSX Terminal:

Still having issues with mac (crashed again while re-syncing block chain).  Can someone walk me step by step what I need to access a stack trace? (i.e. I'm not a dev, like not even kind of close)

jakub

Finally got 0.4.9a synced and working.  It was slow but it worked.  Best not to touch it whilst it's syncing!!

How? When I let mine run, it crashes and asks me to send a report. I can't even get to any of my funds at this moment. Doesn't matter where I try, it just fails on VPS or at home.
What seems to have helped in most cases is this:
remove all files except the wallet, let it sync and rebuild the whole database blockchain from scratch (it takes a while) and when the sync is finished do a rescan (wallet_rescan_blockchain)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:36:30 pm by jakub »

Ggozzo

Offline yiminh

• View Profile
after redownload the chain, none of my shorts showed up in the open order column, the blockchain saved my shorts did it not?