Author Topic: Here we go again....4.9 version not working....  (Read 21598 times)

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

So we will not get connections until the fork happens?
The install went fine but it says no connections, I want to make sure this is because of the fork.

RPC Server Error: In method 'blockchain_list_assets': Assert Exception (10)

Same here on windows for me.

Mac crashes though.

Offline bytemaster

I am attempting to gain my bearings on what is going on now that I am in the office.

1) Looks like my 0.4.8 OS X GUI still has 8 connections and 97% delegate participation!   Good work guys.
2) My 0.4.9 command line client (OSX) fully synced from last night, attempting a fresh sync (so far so good, 8 connections from scratch)
3) About to test out 0.4.9 OS X GUI to see where we get....

Update:  fully connected from a fresh start with 7 connections.   Now for the GUI.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline GaltReport

My 0.4.9 delegates seem to be working fine.  Windows wallet has low/no connections but seems to connect from time to time.  I noticed this with some of my delegates as well.  Initially had 1 or 2 connections but after awhile they increased.  I will keep at it on the windows side and see if it eventually syncs up.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
So we will not get connections until the fork happens?
The install went fine but it says no connections, I want to make sure this is because of the fork.

RPC Server Error: In method 'blockchain_list_assets': Assert Exception (10)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:26:21 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
My delegate that blocks incoming connections has been rock solid. Hasn't missed a block since starting it at about 3AM EDT.

How do you do the block incoming connections thing again?
--accept-incoming-connections 0

Offline GaltReport

My delegate that blocks incoming connections has been rock solid. Hasn't missed a block since starting it at about 3AM EDT.

How do you do the block incoming connections thing again?

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

Its all ok even without blocking inoming connections. You just need to sync with earlier version.

Will that have you on the correct fork?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Its all ok even without blocking inoming connections. You just need to sync with earlier version.

Offline Riverhead

Offline bytemaster

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Confirming here.

Just downloaded and launched 0.4.9 - still having same crash issues.  It throws an "RPC server error" just before crashing.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:10:54 pm by G1ng3rBr34dM4n »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
added it....and....surprise....still doesn't work

it would be a surprise if it worked  :P

just kidding...

with the linux cli version 0.4.9 I have any problems so far...