Author Topic: 0.4.9 appears to be broken  (Read 4633 times)

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
I had no crashes though, with any version since 0.4.3. Running on commandline with Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64bit

Offline GaltReport

Anyone has a link for the 0.4.9 windows build? Thanks in advance.

Don't even think about it....."God" loves 0.4.8a...."Satan" rules 0.4.9 (windows version)...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:09:15 pm by GaltReport »

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline testz

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Anyone has a link for the 0.4.9 windows build? Thanks in advance.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Fork will happen in about 1k block if i remember correctly ... so still some time left to worth safly on 0.4.8 ... but not too much

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Well, I got tired of waiting for 0.4.9 (in windows) which also crashed numerous times and scynched like a snail so I

1  Uninstalled 0.4.9
2. Re-installed 0.4.8-a and selected RESET DATABASE

and it synched up and I can see all my accounts/transactions and balances.

I'm going to stop here and wait for further advice!!

Note: Delegates are running in 0.4.9

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7824.0

Offline GaltReport

Well, I got tired of waiting for 0.4.9 (in windows) which also crashed numerous times and scynched like a snail so I

1  Uninstalled 0.4.9
2. Re-installed 0.4.8-a and selected RESET DATABASE

and it synched up and I can see all my accounts/transactions and balances.

I'm going to stop here and wait for further advice!!

Note: Delegates are running in 0.4.9
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:07:12 pm by GaltReport »

Offline Riverhead

Try using 0.4.8 data-dir. It worked for me.

what EXACTLY does this mean?  I'd like to try this but I don't know what it means. Maybe you can provide a bulleted list of steps?

If you updated to 0.4.9 without deleting your chains, logs, wallets, etc. directories you're already doing this. This is the default behavior.

Offline bytemaster

When starting client after updating to 0.4.9 i get this message!

ON version before i didn't.
Any ideas?

honestly idk if i can delete this... idk if it'S important for my Adobe Creative Suite ...

Some users were reporting a crash with that plugin, but apparently the crash wasn't universal if it worked for you.   Perhaps it is only certain versions of the plugin that are unstable.   We put that warning in rather than crash... but perhaps we should give an option to "attempt to continue". 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline GaltReport

what EXACTLY does this mean?  I'd like to try this but I don't know what it means. Maybe you can provide a bulleted list of steps?

Offline GaltReport

what EXACTLY does this mean?  I like to try this but I don't know what it means.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
k deleted plugin and should work now ... but it would be great to get info why this plugin could cause problems with BTSX client - thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█