Author Topic: PTS Snapshot problem with Cryptsy  (Read 9387 times)

Offline fuzzy

Re: PTS Snapshot problem with Cryptsy
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 08:36:04 pm »
very annoying.
if you are not up to date in this crypto world all the time you get ripped off.

i mean there was no notice at all in the beginning where i joined them and now they "steal" 5000 USD just like that.

Would be great if there are some other affected people so we might be able to put some pressure on them.

I don't think they are "stealing", they maintain hundreds of currency pair, much more than BTER does, I don't think they have enough man power to research each one. The recommended way to redeem for PTS is always hold them in your local wallet, otherwise you WILL miss out on some DAC distributions, even at BTER, it might not redeem some smaller DAC for you if it's not traded on their exchange.

Always remember, if you don't hold the private key, you are not the owner, and depends on what the exchange will "allow" you to own.

That is no excuse.  The only reason they carry so many currency pairs is because Vern wants bought off to allow your coin on his exchange.  Inherently there is not anything wrong with the man making money--but for Vern to "get his cut" by taking the snapshot from their rightful holders is a HUGE load of bs. 

I'm glad he decided (way too late imo) to actually show some semblance of ethical behavior. 

What the post before this one says is good news...but there was absolutely no reason for it to take this long.  I'm not going back to cryptsy, personally.  Walked away the moment I found out he didn't honor the snapshots--I mean wtf?  Shady. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline soniq

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 03:14:21 pm »
looks like Big Vern is going to honor the snapshot after all  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7986.0;topicseen

Good news!
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 12:52:53 pm »
very annoying.

i mean there was no notice at all in the beginning where i joined them and now they "steal" 5000 USD just like that.

Would be great if there are some other affected people so we might be able to put some pressure on them.

I don't think they are "stealing", they maintain hundreds of currency pair, much more than BTER does, I don't think they have enough man power to research each one. The recommended way to redeem for PTS is always hold them in your local wallet, otherwise you WILL miss out on some DAC distributions, even at BTER, it might not redeem some smaller DAC for you if it's not traded on their exchange.

Always remember, if you don't hold the private key, you are not the owner, and depends on what the exchange will "allow" you to own.

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 11:45:42 am »
"Big Vern" is what I see as a problem in crypto and I have taken all my business from him and transferred it to exchanges who care not to rape their users out of pure greed. 

Now I use Poloniex/bter/btc38
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline schnib

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 11:37:13 am »
very annoying.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 09:46:12 pm »
So cryptsy does have them on their wallets, they just don't honor the pts holders and take them for himself ?

Correct. Cryptsy is sneaky like that. I've quit using them altogether.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline schnib

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 06:46:23 pm »
So cryptsy does have them on their wallets, they just don't honor the pts holders and take them for himself ?

merockstar

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 11:40:42 pm »
you need to write an email to cryptsy and be like,

"da faq cryptsy?"

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 07:36:05 pm »
Nope, I had zero problems redeeming my PTS for BTSX. Then again... I'm holding my PTS in my local wallet, like I'm suppose to.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 07:15:37 pm »
I am afraid you can not get bitsharesx, because Cryptsy didn't promise to honor the pts holders on their exchange. You should have sent your pts to local wallet.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline schnib

• View Profile
PTS Snapshot problem with Cryptsy
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:05:52 pm »
Hello,

i bought some PTS in November 2013 on Cryptsy and still have them in my wallet over there.
Does anybody else have this issue and do you know how i can get my Bitshare X ?

Thanks,

Simon