Author Topic: Here's what you need to do..  (Read 4915 times)

lzr1900

Lets just say that anyone who bought BitUSD yesterday could sell now and make money.    This is the feature the PEG is supposed to enable. 

I earned about 1,000,000 BTSX trading the peg.   

We are working to improve the peg further and we will get there.  Bugs will get fixed, wallets will become stable.

you earned 1,000,000 BTSX, but your 200 million BTSX droped 50%, yeah, handle my USD please!

He's in it for the long haul Long term BTSX are going up. Long term the dollar is going down
wrong

lzr1900

Lets just say that anyone who bought BitUSD yesterday could sell now and make money.    This is the feature the PEG is supposed to enable. 

We are working to improve the peg further and we will get there.  Bugs will get fixed, wallets will become stable.
fuck you.bug didn't fix,wallet didn't stable.
liar
7 months past,you can't deliver a good wallet.
3I is rubbish

Offline yiminh

• View Profile

you earned 1,000,000 BTSX, but your 200 million BTSX droped 50%, yeah, handle my USD please!

He's in it for the long haul Long term BTSX are going up. Long term the dollar is going down

long term? in a long run we are all dead:)

Offline onceuponatime

Offline yiminh

• View Profile

merockstar

Can you handle my btsx for me? I'm losing. :/

no kidding. bytemaster investment services plz.

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile

Can you handle my btsx for me? I'm losing. :/

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Anyone acquiring should be dollar cost averaging right now.

+5% Yup!

Offline oldman

• View Profile
The charting should be taken with a grain of salt.

This market is way, way too immature/illiquid for TA to be meaningful.

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Chill out.

This.

Right now the price is down because:

1. Profit taking

2. Wallet issues

3. Liquidity

Note what is missing from the list? Tech failure. The peg works!

As an investor this is your primary concern: you are investing in a technology, not a market cap.

Anyone acquiring should be dollar cost averaging right now.

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
John, thanks for the graph and link.

But shouldnt a fibonacci retracement have 100% at the start of the movement, and 0% at the predicted end of it? 100% retracement means that the drop in this case has recovered back to its starting point and will continue with a new movement.

Your 100% retracement is at end of the movement, meaning its not a retracement. Thats how I interpret fibonaccis anyway.

Ah.. whoops. Yes it is inverted. Heres the update after we broke under, Im still long. I didnt think it would go so low but I think its about to break that downwards trend line..

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
John, thanks for the graph and link.

But shouldnt a fibonacci retracement have 100% at the start of the movement, and 0% at the predicted end of it? 100% retracement means that the drop in this case has recovered back to its starting point and will continue with a new movement.

Your 100% retracement is at end of the movement, meaning its not a retracement. Thats how I interpret fibonaccis anyway.

Offline GaltReport

The price is correcting naturally. After the tremendous gains investors are taking profits and celebrating. If you put down $50k and made 1/4 million under 2 weeks you sell. We see this in the alt market everyday. Its normal.

It depends on how much you sell. Suppose you have $250,000 from $50,000 initial investment? Why would you sell now for fiat when you could have purchased BitUSD at the peak and then sold now at the bottom for more BTSX? Suppose you do get your $50,000 out? Where are you going to put it? Bitcoin?

I think the reason people don't hold BitUSD is because you can't yet easily spend it and also because no one typically wants to hold USD anyway or why would we all be into Bitcoin or altcoins?

Panic is good because it shows people actually care about the technology rather than just taking a quick profit.

Right!  Once you can easily turn BitUSD into Fiat in your bank account, it will pass GTV ("Galt's Test of Value") because I still have to pay for most things in Fiat USD.  Now, it's difficult. 

Try to do it in Bter through BTC and you will not be offered a good price.  Try to do it in Bter through USD and you can't get it out if you are in the U.S. (egopay doesn't accept u.s. accounts anymore) so you will end up Back to BitUSD->BTSX->BTC->CoinBase->Bank Account and then you think, well I should have just kept it in BTSX or BTC!!

So, the closer we can get to BitUSD->Bank Account the better it will hold it's value. 

Ironically, the easier you can move BitUSD into your bank account, the less people will feel the need to do it!!

If you can't spend it like USD or easily convert it to USD, it isn't USD.  It's a mindset.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:57:38 am by GaltReport »