Author Topic: bitsharesX holders dividends?  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Riverhead

The delegates can set the fees they accept and each client can set a fee they'll pay. No structure changes required.

The lower fees alone would decrease the burn rate but if the fees are cut to 1/10th current rate but volume goes up 20 times the burn rate would have a net increase.

Offline changematey

• View Profile
I am a bit confused with this explanation. So basically we have the daily burn (difference between the fees collected and expenses) which is around 2k BTSX now. If the system gets more people on board, wouldn't it struggle with the same issue bitcoin has? Namely, the fees being relatively high in dollar terms. So I think there we will see fees going down a bit (if BM and team changes the structure) and then effectively decreasing the burn, not increasing it. Shouldn't that be the case?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I did not fully understand this concept before. After the system gets more volume and delegates are more profitable, then we (the market) can really push down the fees and increase the "dividend".

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
yeah its better for long invest adding exponential grow wujuuuu

who now only in 1 year where can be the price of btsx when large traffic and new dacs are working
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Yes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I see.. so in effect the supply can be less than that of bitcoin (in our lifetime) if service use goes exponential.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Yes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
i read on other post bitshares X holders take 10% in dividends.. i this true¿

when will be dividens giveaways?, its neccesary have btsx in own wallet or can stay in exchange?

another question is about bitshares pts stake holders, i read on other post is by ratio 1.28 pts take 500 btsX, will be same for next dacs? take btsX again or shares on the new dac? or both¿

dividends are true. maybe not 10% though. each delegates decide how much they want to pay back in dividends.

dividends aren't given away, they are burned. this ensures equal distribution to everyone with btsx. the burn happens daily on an ongoing basis. because of this they can stay on exchange, if you trust that exchange not to implode (silly, in my opinion).

PTS holders will get stake in new DACs, the ratio will depend on how many of the new DACs coins get released.

So are btsx burned or the DAC currency burned? if btsx is burned isnt the supply tending towards 0?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
ok, much thanks for answers, people ask alot for this funtions of system.

so then dividens from delegates are deleted from circulation making rest of btsx more valuable¿ :S always more nice find one day more coins but its ok

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Think of it this way, if the US government wanted to make everyone that holds US dollars 10% more wealthy all they have to do is go out to a field with 400 trillion dollars in cash and light it on fire. Instantly it will be a dividend of 10% to everyone that holds US dollars.

bitshares does the same thing. That's why people have an incentive to vote for delegates with low payrates, it increases their effective dividend rate
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

merockstar

when will be dividens giveaways?, its neccesary have btsx in own wallet or can stay in exchange?

another question is about bitshares pts stake holders, i read on other post is by ratio 1.28 pts take 500 btsX, will be same for next dacs? take btsX again or shares on the new dac? or both¿

dividends are true. maybe not 10% though. each delegates decide how much they want to pay back in dividends.

dividends aren't given away, they are burned. this ensures equal distribution to everyone with btsx. the burn happens daily on an ongoing basis. because of this they can stay on exchange, if you trust that exchange not to implode (silly, in my opinion).

PTS holders will get stake in new DACs, the ratio will depend on how many of the new DACs coins get released.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español