Author Topic: I guess we will not take over LTC anytime soon...  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
A fairly good approximation is that if an investment has a compounded interest rate of 10% (or capital gain), its value will double every 7 years. At that rate, 10k$ will be worth 160k$ in 28 years. Anyone telling me getting 10% year after year is a shitty investment I say he doesn't deal with reality much (except maybe the likes of Warren Buffet, who got an average of 20% yearly with his fund).

I understand it's normal to expect better ROI from cryptos, as it is very risky. But having to wait a single year to double in value? Not so bad I guess!

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Well my bet was for 31/08 and obviously I lost it..I just hope it is not 31/08/2015...

I never despair..My confidence is still in BM and the team... I am buying cheap BTSX now... How low do you think it can go?

Waiting a year is just fine IMO. Even though LTC is a copy pasta trash coin nowadays, it still has a few years of history, and had stable value. I don't really expect a 2 month old product to overtake LTC so fast.

If I had learned anything from holding my Bitcoin for 3+ years, it's passive holding is better than active trading. I didn't sell when Bitcoin went from $32 -> $2, (bought at $11), was I screwed? I only had to wait 2 years to see my original investment go up 100X.

I never cease to be amazed at the timelines of crypto-investors.

It seems crypto-investors expect four-digit ROI and they want it in days or weeks.

Most investors measure ROI over a period of years, if not decades.

Do people not realize that a ROI of 8% over a 20 year period is considered average?

Please wait a year or two and then reassess. Not a week or two.

BTSX is a highly illiquid market trading a technology that has barely hit the minimum-viable phase.

The kid ain't even walking yet... still shitting the diaper and puking.

Give it some time!

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Whenever I believe something I hold! So I agree that day trading is not the best strategy many times. What I am a bit concerned is that this is open source technology and although open source has its benefits I wouldn't want someone to start copying, creating FUD over BTSX and most investors move away to the new bitshares and we end up bag holding... So far I believed in many cryptos (LTC, PPC,NXT, WDC, FTC, XRP etc...) everything except bitcoin and I ended up to lose a lot from my investment. I would hate if that happens again with BTSX.

Fundamentally and economically this shouldn't happen with BTSX. I can't imagine someone else can deliver a better product than this team and I can't imagine a world where everything is not pegged by bitassets. It just doesn't make any sense to be on the 21st century and still have to pay with paper fiat and coins...

Bitshares will revolutionize finance. Unless the big shareholders fuck up, panic and sell for big profits. Do you know what is better than a million dollars? a billion dollars and even better a trillion dollars.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Well my bet was for 31/08 and obviously I lost it..I just hope it is not 31/08/2015...

I never despair..My confidence is still in BM and the team... I am buying cheap BTSX now... How low do you think it can go?

Waiting a year is just fine IMO. Even though LTC is a copy pasta trash coin nowadays, it still has a few years of history, and had stable value. I don't really expect a 2 month old product to overtake LTC so fast.

If I had learned anything from holding my Bitcoin for 3+ years, it's passive holding is better than active trading. I didn't sell when Bitcoin went from $32 -> $2, (bought at $11), was I screwed? I only had to wait 2 years to see my original investment go up 100X.

Offline Riverhead

We are hardly back to zero. I bought in at $0.009 (0.00001337 BTC). It's more than doubled since then. Sure there was a quick frenzied spike but we're still where we didn't think we'd be until mid September.

Also remember people that sold at the peek don't necessarily have the most stake. A lot of people sell, see it's still going up so buy back in, then sell again. Rinse and repeat until it starts going down where they try to play the same game only backwards. At the end of it all they really aren't that much ahead. Sure, a few probably held on until the perfect moment but I'd bet it wasn't the typical situation.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:07:15 pm by Riverhead »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
The bitsharesX concept is amazing! But unless we support it it will die and only the few people who sold at the pick will have become rich..
So stop dumping Bitshares X at this price!!! We are back to zero, all lot of new people show interest but if we continue this dumping no one will care no matter how low it goes to repurchase. Bitshares will simply die if we don't go to $200 mil soon..

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Be patient, fool around, drink beer, have fun with your family & friends, get a promotion at work...

I am patient, I drink a lot, I have a lot of fun (although I completely missed the fun of most people selling at the pick).
I don't want to get any promotion at work.  I want BITSHARESX to become the multibillion business that deserves to become so I can buy off my boss and his business... :)

Then you won't have to work your ass off until you die, as most of the population will have to. I guess several people around here will have an early retirement ;)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Be patient, fool around, drink beer, have fun with your family & friends, get a promotion at work...

I am patient, I drink a lot, I have a lot of fun (although I completely missed the fun of most people selling at the pick).
I don't want to get any promotion at work.  I want BITSHARESX to become the multibillion business that deserves to become so I can buy off my boss and his business... :)

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Hope nobody makes the second biggest mistake and sell now BTSX due desperation...
Of course it can go down further but I suggest  not selling right now...
It would be a shame to loose the second chance for profit...

Small price fluctuations are irrelevant in the long therm.
BitharesX has value by itself. Even if its price decreases significantly during early buggy days it will eventually rise again.
What BitsharesX provides is needed and this is its value. The price will reflect that once it finalizes and spreads.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
BTSX = Future billion dollar business

BUT don't sell!!! Worst idea ever!

And if you invested money you needed to pay the bills with the expectation of making a quick buck, too bad for you, you'll miss the train!

Offline Riverhead

That's still two days away! That's an eternity in crypto haha.  Look how fast we went from $12MM to $100MM. No one is out of this race yet. In the mean time I'm buying as much as my piggy bank can spit out.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Hope nobody makes the second biggest mistake and sell now BTSX due desperation...
Of course it can go down further but I suggest  not selling right now...
It would be a shame to loose the second chance for profit...

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
HODLING and reading Notes From the Underground, have mercy.

Offline GaltReport

It was too early to celebrate...
It is too soon to despair...

I still consider my bet when we will pass ltc's market cap valid (cant remember the thread).

Agree.  Time to stabilize, improve the product and market it.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile