Author Topic: Good idea, but bad executor, BTSX is dying  (Read 6364 times)

Offline leon

• View Profile
Fantastic job you guys are doing !!Keep going  :) :) :) +5% +5% +5%

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I disagree with FBI  and would like to say BIG THANK YOU  to all dev. team.   +5%
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 03:53:00 pm by aloha »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
This guy turning red angry means green light to buy again.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Not bad, we fooled the FBI into ignoring us...
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline CalabiYau

After downloaded 0.4.9a, no connection bug comes again, just like 0.4.9 and 0.4.8............From 0.1.0 to 0.4.9a, after tons of update, 3I could not even produce a stable WIN wallet that can connect to network, what a joke! I am very disappointed at the dev team. The drop of price tells everything.  Yes, there is some method to resolve it, but I am not a programmer or geek, nor I have time to play with it. I dump, I leave, byebye.

Sorry to see you so impatient, saw tons of posts like this since the early days of bitcoin. That we have today a system that is still buggy but working is a fantastic outcome. I3 has delivered and honored my investment. I am very confident regarding the future of this venture. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:14:43 pm by CalabiYau »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7823.15

keep calm and read... if you don't want to help beta testing, just leave at it is .. and join when bugs/issues are fixed (but if all users would thinking like this.. how we should get a successful beta testing phase))... it's a beta version ...and there will be more issues in future to solve...sry to hear you leave ... if you'll be a bit more patient ... i promise you'll happy then :)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:32:06 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline LiquidStorm

• Bitshares All the way
    • View Profile
It did crash a few times but that is expected i have now fixed the issues downloading the latest release and running smooth as butter now

Its not easy creating a new banking network infrastructure 

Amazing job so far what you have done in so little time

I have faith in the price of bitsharesX i know Bitcoin started at less than 1cent.

The tech is more exciting then the $ IMO so i give the devs  +5%
BTSX: liquid

Offline Riverhead

That's why it's called 0.4.9, not 1.x.x, the version number means it's alpha software. This has only released for 2 months, do you think Bitcoin was problem free 2 months after release? Bitcoin still had a messy accidental hard fork 4 YEARS after release.

This, but maybe it should be advertised more clearly that this is still "beta" or "alpha" software? The gui  (and windows client) is still secondary in importance to an operating network and market infrastructure.

I agree with this. It should state on the DAC Sun Limited website that this is Alpha or Beta software in public testing phase. I know this and am happy to wade through the issues to make the software better. A new user seeing some of our marketing expecting a 1.x release version may be discouraged. Perhaps not as dramatic as FBI but discouraged none the less.

Offline bytemaster

DAC Sun Limited took our beta toolkit and released it as early as humanly possible.  As a result it crashes and hasn't been throughly tested.

That said, BTSX is up and trading and once it stabilizes then the price will start to rise again. 

I for one am relieved that the price has fallen because the code is not ready for those higher valuations. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
That's why it's called 0.4.9, not 1.x.x, the version number means it's alpha software. This has only released for 2 months, do you think Bitcoin was problem free 2 months after release? Bitcoin still had a messy accidental hard fork 4 YEARS after release.

This, but maybe it should be advertised more clearly that this is still "beta" or "alpha" software? The gui  (and windows client) is still secondary in importance to an operating network and market infrastructure.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

+5%

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
That's why it's called 0.4.9, not 1.x.x, the version number means it's alpha software. This has only released for 2 months, do you think Bitcoin was problem free 2 months after release? Bitcoin still had a messy accidental hard fork + nasty transaction malleability bug, 4 YEARS after release.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:14:33 pm by kokojie »

Offline GaltReport

LoL... take your FUD and just leave ...

This is not bitcoin
This is not a 5 year old wallet
This has a new blockchain tech
New network code
New gui
New market
TITAN

you have absolutly no idea whar i3 and tge devs have achieve in recent months ..
Just sh*** the f*** up and take your FUD with you!

Or that too! LOL