Author Topic: BitAssets Debit Card  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Debit cards will emerge when there is a market for BitAssets. Not before.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
Just something to think of in the late future. I've come to this idea when I saw Xapo's bitcoin credit card. What if in the future we have something like this but for bitUSD/bitCNY/bitEURO, etc? Maybe it would make it's adoption easier as you could use it everywhere just like usd or anyother currency. Dunno if this would even be possible but would definetely bring it to the masses and would give bitAssets more utility

i like the debit card idea.  i've been looking at this new crypto project called greenbacks:  http://www.greenbackscurrency.com/site/

they are planning on issuing debit cards for their users.  it's a small project, but seems to go places if they get the right contacts, connections and funding.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Just something to think of in the late future. I've come to this idea when I saw Xapo's bitcoin credit card. What if in the future we have something like this but for bitUSD/bitCNY/bitEURO, etc? Maybe it would make it's adoption easier as you could use it everywhere just like usd or anyother currency. Dunno if this would even be possible but would definetely bring it to the masses and would give bitAssets more utility

Merchants are already starting to accept Bitcoin. Why not just piggyback on Bitcoin?

Why would you want a card when you can just use BitUSD? What is the benefit of having a card?

well because the card would allow you tu use BitUSD everywhere? At least i guess that's how it works with Xapo from what i understood. Forgive me if i got it wrong.

Basically you use your card which is linked to your btsX wallet and when the transaction is done, the merchant would receive the payment in their local currency

What about the security benefits? Why would you want to go back to credit card numbers? I think the industry needs to move away from credit cards.

well for more distribuiton, more acceptance by part of merchants. what if you could use bitUSD anywhere you wanted to? Wouldn't that be good? You could use it on the street, on daily routines. At the moment the only way you can do that is through some kind of device with internet connection such as a computer or a cellphone. Yeah, most people have cellphones and would be able to spend their bitUSD from a wallet in it, however that debit card does receive the payment in their local currency. If by some chance a merchant doesnt accept bitUSD or any other bitAssets, then you can't spend them there. This way you could do so.

Merchants are already starting to accept Bitcoin. Why not piggyback on Bitcoin?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Why would you want a card when you can just use BitUSD? What is the benefit of having a card?

well because the card would allow you tu use BitUSD everywhere? At least i guess that's how it works with Xapo from what i understood. Forgive me if i got it wrong.

Basically you use your card which is linked to your btsX wallet and when the transaction is done, the merchant would receive the payment in their local currency

What about the security benefits? Why would you want to go back to credit card numbers? I think the industry needs to move away from credit cards.

well for more distribuiton, more acceptance by part of merchants. what if you could use bitUSD anywhere you wanted to? Wouldn't that be good? You could use it on the street, on daily routines. At the moment the only way you can do that is through some kind of device with internet connection such as a computer or a cellphone. Yeah, most people have cellphones and would be able to spend their bitUSD from a wallet in it, however that debit card does receive the payment in their local currency. If by some chance a merchant doesnt accept bitUSD or any other bitAssets, then you can't spend them there. This way you could do so.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:48:29 pm by Akado »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile