Author Topic: I have BTSX but still unable to register  (Read 2586 times)

Offline onceuponatime

Ok I installed .4.10 and let everything update, appears the registration went through.
Blockchain is all synced and rolling along
Thanks for your help

YAY Pingu!!!  +5% +5% +5%

Offline pingu

• View Profile
Ok I installed .4.10 and let everything update, appears the registration went through.
Blockchain is all synced and rolling along
Thanks for your help

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
1) check that you are synced with the network: got to console blockchain_is_synced should return "true"
2) select a username that DOES not have a "." in it, and does not start or end with a "-" or a "_"

where are you funds (you said you have 1k BTSX) located .. are they in the account you want to register?
Whats the message the client gives you when you want to register the name?
How do you recognize that "it is not working?"

Offline pingu

• View Profile
To eliminate my particular computer being the issue, I installed a fresh copy of Win7 on another computer, installed bitsharesX client, logged in fresh, closed out and copied over my original default wallet folder, and still it's messed up giving me Invalid transaction exp

Is there any way to refresh or reset my wallet while keeping the funds?

Offline pingu

• View Profile
Still having issues
Is the fee supposed to be .1 or .5 ?  I tried it with .5 at first, it wasn't working, changed it to .1 after and it appeared to work (after doing a repair on database).  It went to pending status but eventually came back with Invalid transaction expiration

I tried from command line but also get an Invalid transaction expiration
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:14:55 pm by pingu »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
it is a bug in the wallet, you can go to console and type

help wallet_account_register
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline pingu

• View Profile
Yes I have over 1000 BTSX in that wallet, really strange nothing happens when I push the OK button to register

Offline onceuponatime

If anyone can suggest some troubleshooting steps I'll be happy to try them

It costs 0.5 btsx to register. Do you have at least that much in your wallet? If not, post here:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6439.0

Offline pingu

• View Profile
If anyone can suggest some troubleshooting steps I'll be happy to try them

Offline pingu

• View Profile
I've tried making a few random account names, none of them will register

Offline onceuponatime

Last week I installed 0.4.7 and imported from my PTS wallet, and received BTSX from genesis block
I created my account, and was unable to register
When I go into my account, select my account, press register, then hit OK, nothing happens.
Ive tried rebooting, upgrading to 0.4.9, running as administator, and renaming my account still having the problem

Any suggestions how I can fix this so I'm able to register?

Maybe that account name is registered by someone else? Try registering a new account name.

Offline pingu

• View Profile
Last week I installed 0.4.7 and imported from my PTS wallet, and received BTSX from genesis block
I created my account, and was unable to register
When I go into my account, select my account, press register, then hit OK, nothing happens.
Ive tried rebooting, upgrading to 0.4.9, running as administator, and renaming my account still having the problem

Any suggestions how I can fix this so I'm able to register?