Author Topic: VIDEO TUTORIAL on how to use the BitSharesX app and trading basics?  (Read 2756 times)

Offline furball

• View Profile
If you all want this market to function the way it's supposed to, someone needs to start creating video tutorials on how to use the BitSharesX app and explaining the basics of trading. I guarantee you there are a bunch of people just like me who have no idea what they're doing so we don't bother using the exchange to its full potential. For example, I would like to know (in plain english) when I should convert to bitUSD, when would be a good time to short a bitAsset, etc. There is so much I would like to know but have no idea where to start learning.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Incase you missed it, check out this site, it may help: http://nullstreet.com

I hear that's a great site ;) But seriously, I understand BitShares, BitAssets, DPOS, TITAN etc. I'm up to speed on all of that but I'm still struggling specifically with the trading aspect of the exchange app. It would be awesome if some of the community members used Camtasia or ScreenFlow to make a video using the app and explained margin calls, shorting, etc.

I'm in the exact same position...looking forward to getting involved in the market but finding it hard to work it all out.

Any update on videos?

Offline James212

• View Profile
If you all want this market to function the way it's supposed to, someone needs to start creating video tutorials on how to use the BitSharesX app and explaining the basics of trading. I guarantee you there are a bunch of people just like me who have no idea what they're doing so we don't bother using the exchange to its full potential. For example, I would like to know (in plain english) when I should convert to bitUSD, when would be a good time to short a bitAsset, etc. There is so much I would like to know but have no idea where to start learning.

guess this is MeTHoDx site, isn't it? ;)

Opps, yeah you're right! ... Feed back loop!  :)   

Yes, that would be great to find some instruction on the trading engine also. 
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

I hear that's a great site ;) But seriously, I understand BitShares, BitAssets, DPOS, TITAN etc. I'm up to speed on all of that but I'm still struggling specifically with the trading aspect of the exchange app. It would be awesome if some of the community members used Camtasia or ScreenFlow to make a video using the app and explained margin calls, shorting, etc.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:34:34 pm by MeTHoDx »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

guess this is MeTHoDx site, isn't it? ;)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline James212

• View Profile

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Great idea! +5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Frodo03

• View Profile
I'm also on the sidelines due to a lack of understanding. This would be very helpful!

Offline James212

• View Profile

+5% +5%.  I am also one of those on the sidelines because of feeling a lack of full understanding.

I mentioned this about the recent webinar which was pretty in effective in this regard as it focused pretty much on newbies to the crypto space in general.   

First priority should be to on-board the  Bitcoin community which is already pretty savvy regarding crypto but lacks the basic understanding to get fully involved with BTSX.......The more involvement in BTSX the greater the market depth, the more stable the platform will be. The Bitshares needs to provide basic instruction about the additional features and capabilities of BTSX vault (wallet) as well as how to take advantage of basic trading scenarios (bitUSD). With all eyes on us right now, this should be done ASAP.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 06:23:54 pm by James212 »

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx