Author Topic: Let's not begin ACTIVE mass marketing before BitAsset mechanics are final  (Read 2645 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We always need some kind of marketing. If it is not for the average user, then it is for beta testers, or developers, or entrepreneurs/investors who can help with partnerships, collaborations, people who can make educational videos. The list is endless at every stage. There is no "end" where we can magically explode.

Offline GaltReport

I would be in favor of holding any marketing push until after we've managed to go 7 days without an emergency market shutdown or hard fork mandatory upgrade.

I second that. Have a period where we can be sure everything is running smoothly. Only then we would start with the marketing
+5%

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

I would be in favor of holding any marketing push until after we've managed to go 7 days without an emergency market shutdown or hard fork mandatory upgrade.

I second that. Have a period where we can be sure everything is running smoothly. Only then we would start with the marketing
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

make sense...

Offline GaltReport

i understand your concerns, but do you think with this approach facebook would become what it is today?

just get rid of the biggest bugs and the people will come on there own.

+5%

...and we need liquidity to succeed so we must begin ACTIVE mass marketing !!!

we do not necessarily need liquidity. For testing III can provide the liquidity. External liquidity would make it more realistic though. It s a trade of. But I dont see a reason to start mass marketing before market peg mechanics are final.

I agree with this.  I would not want to mass market by telling people that IT IS VERY RISKY TO TRADE but by all means, come on in!!

I understand the sentiment though.

Offline theoretical

BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Buggy facebook is not the same as having buggy financial software.  The dev team really needs a bit more time to smooth the whole thing out.  People don't have the same expectations from a service like facebook as they do with wallet software.

Give it a bit of time.

With facebook problems just mean you can't read about your friends kids and what they ate.  With wallet software people get pissed becauase they've lost money and spread their disgruntlement around the net.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
i understand your concerns, but do you think with this approach facebook would become what it is today?

+5%

we do not necessarily need liquidity. For testing III can provide the liquidity. External liquidity would make it more realistic though. It s a trade of. But I dont see a reason to start mass marketing before market peg mechanics are final.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

+5%

the only suggestion I can make is that the user's must be clearly informed from the beginning* (from the BitSharesX platform) that it is very risky to trade (it is in general also)  right now and they should be warned that  we are on early days with something experimental (like bitcoin)...

Something like this on the BitSharesX first splash screen
would be nice in my opinion :

Risk Disclosure Notice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"BitSharesX Market" can put your capital at risk if used in a speculative manner. BitsharesX is categorized high risk as there is no protection of
capital, no guaranteed return and traders can lose the amount invested. With the
BitSharesX Trading Platform it is not possible to lose more than the amount invested and
customers cannot be left in debt to BitSharesX. Trading BitSharesX market is not suitable for all
investors;
make sure you fully understand the risks involved.

yeah good idea... will discuss with Brian & Stan later the day... also for bitshares.org etc.
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

I am mostly referring to the market peg. And sure there is a trade off.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

+5%

the only suggestion I can make is that the user's must be clearly informed from the beginning* (from the BitSharesX platform) that it is very risky to trade (it is in general also)  right now and they should be warned that  we are on early days with something experimental (like bitcoin)...

Something like this on the BitSharesX first splash screen
would be nice in my opinion :

Risk Disclosure Notice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"BitSharesX Market" can put your capital at risk if used in a speculative manner. BitsharesX is categorized high risk as there is no protection of
capital, no guaranteed return and traders can lose the amount invested. With the
BitSharesX Trading Platform it is not possible to lose more than the amount invested and
customers cannot be left in debt to BitSharesX. Trading BitSharesX market is not suitable for all
investors;
make sure you fully understand the risks involved.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
...or at least believed to be finalized and run smoothly no matter from which perspective you look at it.
Mass marketing is like firing black powder when you only have a box full of black powder.
If 10% of our traget audience gets the idea and sees BitUSD doesnt track enough to accept it as a merchant the have formed an opinion and and it wount be easy to make them take a second look at it when the peg is finally satisfying.
The mass media will form an opinion on BitAssets based on their first impression from which they hardly deviate again in the future. First impression counts.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:01:52 am by delulo »