Author Topic: 0.4.10 Testers Wanted  (Read 29887 times)

Offline Riverhead

PS It would be great to see the progress of syncing before we create or import an account!

It looks like the direction they are going is that it stays at the opening splash screen until it's done some work. I think this is a great idea, letting the client get itself all figured out before allowing user interaction :) .

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
FYI

I managed to install the 0.4.10 gui version for my windows 7 32 bit
only when I have let it sync BEFORE I imported my backup json file !!!

PS It would be great to see the progress of syncing before we create or import an account!

Offline sky

• View Profile
..update on this:

On the My accounts I still see this:
Updating transaction history...

and below to the left (in the green bar):
Transaction scanning progress is -100%

the summary shows the transactions.

on every account page the correct balance shows in the excel style format below the Filter box but the balance above, in the colored area of the actual account, shows 0

..please inform if this issue is being fixed - I have no funds in balance - so can't do anything - the transfers are showing below but since they are not actually in the balance above I am w/o funds..

..am I the only one with this issue?

Offline sky

• View Profile
..update on this:

On the My accounts I still see this:
Updating transaction history...

and below to the left (in the green bar):
Transaction scanning progress is -100%

the summary shows the transactions.

on every account page the correct balance shows in the excel style format below the Filter box but the balance above, in the colored area of the actual account, shows 0

Offline joele

• View Profile
When I clicked the "transfer" link on the top, the transfer page is not showing.

Offline Bourbon44

• View Profile
My Mac OSX wallet isn't syncing at all.  It shows not connected at the bottom right.  It also shows an incorrect balance but all my transactions show in the recent transaction window.  It's like the wallet got hung up on an old block.

Same problem here.  After everything going smoothly for the first couple of days it crashed and is now stuck on block 320 when the client tries to resync.

On a separate issue, and this has more to do with aesthetics, the interface seems to be fuzzy.  This was the same with 0.4.9 although everything was crisp on 0.4.7.  I'm on Mac OSX 10.9.4.

Offline Yuzu

• View Profile
My Mac OSX wallet isn't syncing at all.  It shows not connected at the bottom right.  It also shows an incorrect balance but all my transactions show in the recent transaction window.  It's like the wallet got hung up on an old block.

Offline Riverhead

Mine started to work but it eventually stopped syncing/connecting. Now it wont open at all.

Make sure it's not running in the background. I find sometimes it keeps the task going even though nothing shows and it needs to be killed.

Rebooted twice now. Can't connect to the network.

UPDATE: It randomly started connecting after bring open for a while. wierd

Just saw your update (even though it quoted it...weird.  Anyway, glad it's working :) .

That might be a GUI display issue.  Mine also says Not connected but I can tell that it is because my balances are updating as it processes the chain.

Try updating config.json to include this after the Default Peers section:

Code: [Select]
"chain_servers": ["104.131.35.149:1775"],

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
Mine started to work but it eventually stopped syncing/connecting. Now it wont open at all.

Make sure it's not running in the background. I find sometimes it keeps the task going even though nothing shows and it needs to be killed.

Rebooted twice now. Can't connect to the network.

UPDATE: It randomly started connecting after bring open for a while. wierd
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:46:46 pm by wesphily »

Offline Riverhead

Offline wesphily

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

A behavior I noticed when using a chain server is that it says "Not connected" in the lower right, displays no other status message, but I can see my balance rising as it downloads/processes the chain. I can see why someone would think it's hung but it's actually working just fine.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:35:20 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
4.10 worked very nicely so far for me on windows 7. Synced quickly loaded wallet quickly, sees all accounts and market orders etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Just had my first crash. Running on windows.

In 04.10 when exporting wallet and rewrote the file it crashed.
Then tried to make a new file, success
Just to check rewrote file and crash.

No big issue.
Yes , same but in Ubuntu GUI. No big issue.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline graffenwalder

Just had my first crash. Running on windows.

In 04.10 when exporting wallet and rewrote the file it crashed.
Then tried to make a new file, success
Just to check rewrote file and crash.

No big issue.