Author Topic: 0.4.10 Testers Wanted  (Read 29876 times)

iHashFury

don't waste our time releasing half baked quick fixs, just go and take a month time to fix all the bugs(GUI included) imaginable and throughly test in on testnet on all machines and OSs.

I can build and run BitsharesX gui and client on Archlinux and Ubuntu without problems. So far - stable and secure.

Offline sky

• View Profile
Updating transaction history...

Transaction scanning progress is -100%

those 2 messages are still present.
I tried to run the client on another computer but got same messages.
curious as to why those messages are 'hanging' there?

and for the time being my transfers to 2 other accounts are 'floating' somewhere out there on the blockchain i assume. and that was my whole stock of my BTSX
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:29:37 pm by sky »

Offline yiminh

• View Profile
don't waste our time releasing half baked quick fixs, just go and take a month time to fix all the bugs(GUI included) imaginable and throughly test in on testnet on all machines and OSs.

You know, I used to think like that, but here is the thing - it is all open source if you REALLY disagree with how they do stuff, fork it and make your own. :)

I don't have the time right now, I think the software designer of this project is the weak link here, should be replaced:(
Testing beta software isn't for everyone. Come back when we're on 1.x version and you should be happier. I don't think closing the public beta or asking for the head of Bytemaster is the quickest path to success. In fact just the opposite.

I sure hope ByteMaster designed the details of this DAC, but he farmed out to some HongKong company, I think ByteMaster will never make the mistake of messing up transaction database design.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

You know, I used to think like that, but here is the thing - it is all open source if you REALLY disagree with how they do stuff, fork it and make your own. :)

I don't have the time right now, I think the software designer of this project is the weak link here, should be replaced:(
Testing beta software isn't for everyone. Come back when we're on 1.x version and you should be happier. I don't think closing the public beta or asking for the head of Bytemaster is the quickest path to success. In fact just the opposite.

+5% Children in the future may be reading about Bytemaster and BitAssets one day in their history books imo :)

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile

that's what we're doing, we are the testing group... This is a community project, we are

strongly agree, thanks riverhead
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

@yiminh your opinion is sufficiently expressed and heard - now take a month or two and come back after that. Or don't.
I for one, find the improvement from 0.4.9 to 0.4.10 amazing. To tell you the truth actually unbelievable. Did you guys actually switch to some new database? Or you did it in 0.4.9 and just fixed some first implementation screw-ups?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

Offline yiminh

• View Profile

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline sky

• View Profile
@Riverhead
yes I did try a rescan - but didn't look like it did much - a few sec and it was fully sync'ed

Offline yiminh

• View Profile

Offline James212

• View Profile
How long should 4.10 take to sync?   

I am running OSX 10.9.4    I've been stuck at - last block sync 4 days 7 hours for the last 3 hours now.  I am showing only between 3 and 6 network connections and intermittent loss of connection about every 30 sec.   BitsharesX version 4.9 worked perfectly.

Thanks

Try this comand in console mode

Code: [Select]
network_add_node "188.226.195.137:60696" add

Thanks.  What I did was to force quit out of the app, relaunch and choose the "Reset Database" option from the popup error message.   So now it is re-syncing the entire database but seems to be working correctly...( 30min syncing and im about 1/2 way through).   

Bingo! This worked. For anyone using OSX, open activity monitor and force quit the bitsharesx app. You'll get the "reset database" prompt that way. Is there a console command for resetting the database?

I noticed after the app is synced that the "from" TITAN  (word/icon) address is missing.  I was able to resent this instantly by importing my .JSON file backup. 
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline davidpbrown

Linux Mint 17, 0.5GB RAM gives Segmentation faults.

My attempt was compiled just prior to the 0.4.10 being tagged but after this thread was a few pages deep, so I'm expecting it was the same code.

Initially from clean start, the qt-wallet fails. Wondering if the experience of normal user and delegate is different I tried looking to run the client only and then saw that stop; all that then seemed to allow the qt-wallet to open ok. After 10-15mins another Segmentation fault while downloading the blockchain.

<snip />

It's working!  :D

So, I thought I'd go back and try Chain Server again and after a few hours of grinding the hard drive it started scanning transactions and half hour later I'm fully synced all transactions look correct and block chain is staying up to date. The process of getting there was not nice.. in the sense of it demanding all resources but it got there.. so use Chain Server as per https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/Using-Chain-Servers#using-a-chain-server-to-sync-with-bitshares-x to fix Linux Mint and I expect also Ubuntu. Still a lot of glitches to fix but at least it's possible.

Glitches include reports in the terminal
QPainter::end: Painter ended with 2 saved states
which I saw in previous versions too.

and on receipt of asset notification, on moving the mouse to acknowledge and close that, I got a stream of
QApplication: Object event filter cannot be in a different thread.

8)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:49:20 pm by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

I am running OSX 10.9.4    I've been stuck at - last block sync 4 days 7 hours for the last 3 hours now.  I am showing only between 3 and 6 network connections and intermittent loss of connection about every 30 sec.   BitsharesX version 4.9 worked perfectly.

Thanks

Thanks.  What I did was to force quit out of the app, relaunch and choose the "Reset Database" option from the popup error message.   So now it is re-syncing the entire database but seems to be working correctly...( 30min syncing and im about 1/2 way through).   

Bingo! This worked. For anyone using OSX, open activity monitor and force quit the bitsharesx app. You'll get the "reset database" prompt that way. Is there a console command for resetting the database?

Offline James212

• View Profile

Thanks

BTS: theangelwaveproject