Author Topic: Could we please have an official announcement channel?  (Read 2399 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
For a fair play we need an official announcement channel where important events could be announced in a reasonable time in advance such:
1. Stopping a market
If the devs find an issue that can be abuse they need to try to stop the market ..
further.. the devs cannot simply STOP the market .. they can remove their stake and if that results in less than 10M btsx on the market... that results in market beeing stop ... THERE IS NOT STOPPING TRIGGER YOU CAN PULL!!!

2. Restarting a market
Ah .. come on .. you really thing BM will restart a market without proper notification???

3. Plans to change rules and effective date of those in advance!
*agreed*

4. New releases
They will enhance their release cycle as already announced ..
until then we are riding an alpha software ..
delegates need to be prepared for rapid updates
as well as end-users ...

But be sure ... as thinks move (very) fast with the dev team you can expect much fewer releases and a much more stable software soon.

just my 2btsx

Offline vikram

Take a look here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7067.msg94189#msg94189

When the software is more stable, proper advance notice will be given for such announcements. For now there are many important bug fixes being made very quickly.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
For a fair play we need an official announcement channel where important events could be announced in a reasonable time in advance such:
1. Stopping a market
2. Restarting a market
4. New releases
etc.

I don't mind the format of it, anything fine: pinned to a forum topic, twitter, email list, blog etc.

It's a problem for GUI developers to solve. Stuff like this should be built into the client.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline szert

• View Profile

Like Bitcoin, the client should have developer keys with the ability to broadcast signed messages.

Right now AFAIK the market is stopped by Invictus pulling big orders and making depth go insufficient.  That obviously won't work once the market gets bigger.  So I'm thinking maybe we also need a developer key which can close a market, e.g. to shut down trading to mitigate a security exploit until a fix can be prepared, or in preparation for a hard fork.

We should allow delegates to revoke this developer key, so the delegates still ultimately have control if the developers use their privilege irresponsibly.

It sounds like a proper solution but considering that there are higher priority developments I would be happy with some basic solution. Eg. an announcements topic pinned where only devs can post.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
 +5%

needed to be done!

Invictus and DACSun are lacking in this point and should reconsider the strategy to the community. More and more people will come and needed.

- Bitsapphire now in charge of the forum, should assign some people the handle the forum.

Offline theoretical

Like Bitcoin, the client should have developer keys with the ability to broadcast signed messages.

Right now AFAIK the market is stopped by Invictus pulling big orders and making depth go insufficient.  That obviously won't work once the market gets bigger.  So I'm thinking maybe we also need a developer key which can close a market, e.g. to shut down trading to mitigate a security exploit until a fix can be prepared, or in preparation for a hard fork.

We should allow delegates to revoke this developer key, so the delegates still ultimately have control if the developers use their privilege irresponsibly.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline James212

• View Profile
1. Stopping a market
2. Restarting a market
4. New releases
etc.

I don't mind the format of it, anything fine: pinned to a forum topic, twitter, email list, blog etc.

+5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline szert

• View Profile
1. Stopping a market
2. Restarting a market
4. New releases
etc.